Alternative random generator functions
06-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Alternative random generator functions
Hi,

The new firmware distribution notes mention that there are more alternative random generator functions (and also distribution functions):

Added more distribution functions – density/cumulative/inverse: beta, exponential, gamma, geometric, negbinomial, uniform, weibull
Added more random generation functions: binomial, chisquare, fisher, geometric, poisson, student

I am not able to find them. In the probability/random menu, there is only number, integer, normal options.

And as for distributions, most of the new ones are missing.

Are they hidden anywhere else?

(checked that I have 7820 firmware)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 09:45 PM
RE: Alternative random generator functions
(06-09-2015 09:41 PM)Jose Gonzalez Divasson Wrote:  Hi,

The new firmware distribution notes mention that there are more alternative random generator functions (and also distribution functions):...

Toolbox (B key) -> Catalog (Catlg)
There you can find all about distributions not included in the menu.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Thanks!

I should have started by there. And the names are easy to find, too: randpoisson, etc.

And in the "other" key of the help info related to the function, the other new random distributions appear too. (Note to Tim: the new random distributions do not appear in the "other" help menu of the "old" ones - that was why I could not find them at the beginning. They seem to be two separate sets, as seen from the help menu point of view)
06-10-2015, 06:30 AM
(06-10-2015 06:20 AM)Divasson Wrote:  Thanks!
I should have started by there. And the names are easy to find, too: randpoisson, etc.

for a few distribution that are missing and for other statistic programs, see for some programs of mine or some of Namir, here in the software section of the forum.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
06-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Dear Salvomic,

Thank you! I already had seen your programs and did even mentioned them in my calculator blog (properly crediting them to you!)!
06-11-2015, 09:52 PM
(06-11-2015 09:36 PM)Jose Gonzalez Divasson Wrote:  Dear Salvomic,

Thank you! I already had seen your programs and did even mentioned them in my calculator blog (properly crediting them to you!)!

Muchas Gracias, José, to have put them with credits.
I'm glad you like those programs!
The programs can be redistributed, but printing credits to their authors...

Enjoy with them and the power of Statistics in the Prime.

Salvo Micciché (salvomic)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)