A formula for IRR
05-20-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: A formula for IRR
(05-20-2015 09:25 PM)salvomic Wrote:  I'm completing a program to calculate IRR, MIRR (modified IRR) and NPV for cash flows, both with list or matrix ...
Since you seem to be quite interested in financial calculations - maybe my program TVM-Calc would be useful for you (at least to compare the results of your HP-Prime programs)?
It's about TVM and Cashflow calculations, and it has a lot of possible settings - you can find it on my website (and it's free!): Wink
http://fhub.jimdo.com/

Franz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 10:48 PM
(05-20-2015 10:40 PM)fhub Wrote:  Since you seem to be quite interested in financial calculations - maybe my program TVM-Calc would be useful for you (at least to compare the results of your HP-Prime programs)?
It's about TVM and Cashflow calculations, and it has a lot of possible settings - you can find it on my website (and it's free!): Wink
http://fhub.jimdo.com/
Franz

hi Franz!
Danke, thank you.
Very useful also your program.

I've downloaded and used it just now.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-21-2015, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 06:41 PM by salvomic.)
hi,
you can find in the HP Prime Software Library a much better version of the program, or ...two version: the first with the single functions exported (the user can recall them separately), the second with Drawmenu (every functions inside, but with a graphic interface).

I had to use a trick to avoid a strange erratic first argument output by solve() with the function for IRR, with a IRR value greater than 1 (100%) in some cases but not all...
Code:

irr:= solve(ΣLIST(MAKELIST((L1(I)/X^(I-1)),I,1,SIZE(L1))),X)-1;
IF (irr(1)>=1 OR irr(1)<=-1) THEN irr:=tail(irr); END;
// formula by akmon, Cyrille, Dale

please, control with examples, if possibles...

Enjoy!

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)