Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode
05-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode
I don't know whether this has been reported before, but the Spreadsheet App doesn't want to accept formulas in RPN mode. When I attempt to insert something like
=A*0.14 into a cell, I get the syntax error message. Formula insertion works fine in
textbook mode. I had just assumed that all of the issues with the Spreadsheet App in RPN mode had been resolved. I have the latest firmware (7820).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Spreadsheet bug in RPN mode
(05-17-2015 07:08 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I don't know whether this has been reported before, but the Spreadsheet App doesn't want to accept formulas in RPN mode. When I attempt to insert something like
=A*0.14 into a cell, I get the syntax error message. Formula insertion works fine in
textbook mode. I had just assumed that all of the issues with the Spreadsheet App in RPN mode had been resolved. I have the latest firmware (7820).

As with any algebraic expression, in RPN mode it must be surrounded by single quotes.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
05-17-2015, 07:26 PM
(05-17-2015 07:17 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  
(05-17-2015 07:08 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I don't know whether this has been reported before, but the Spreadsheet App doesn't want to accept formulas in RPN mode. When I attempt to insert something like

As with any algebraic expression, in RPN mode it must be surrounded by single quotes.
Tried that. I still get the syntax error message.
05-17-2015, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 07:35 PM by Mark Hardman.)
(05-17-2015 07:26 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  Tried that. I still get the syntax error message.

Sigh...

Step 1:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2050]

Step 2:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2051]

Step 3:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2052]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
05-17-2015, 08:08 PM
I seldom use the Spreadsheet App and I didn't see any mention of this subtle elimination of the = symbol in front of the cell name in the User Manual. I guess the
authors assumed that everyone would be using this App in textbook mode.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)