Draw a function!
12-15-2016, 06:47 AM
RE: Draw a function!
hello

(12-14-2016 03:14 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  As I know my drawing skills are poor, one extension to this feature I would like to see in the future would be a "what graph is that" feature working from a .jpg rather than a sketch - comparable to some translation apps that can translate road signs etc. from camera input rather than text.

Part of the idea was that you would take a jpg as a background picture (see page 3 of plot setup) and then trace over the feature that you are interested in.
Even if your drawing skills are weak, you should be able to trace overSmile

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2016, 12:40 AM
(12-15-2016 06:47 AM)cyrille de brĂ©bisson Wrote:  hello

(12-14-2016 03:14 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  As I know my drawing skills are poor, one extension to this feature I would like to see in the future would be a "what graph is that" feature working from a .jpg rather than a sketch - comparable to some translation apps that can translate road signs etc. from camera input rather than text.

Part of the idea was that you would take a jpg as a background picture (see page 3 of plot setup) and then trace over the feature that you are interested in.
Even if your drawing skills are weak, you should be able to trace overSmile

Cyrille

To be honest, I was imagining a class full of students trying to distract the teacher whilst they photographed the blackboard Smile

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-17-2016, 08:14 PM
(12-14-2016 04:00 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The simple and easy that is missing is actually on our end. We weren't happy with the simplification code for that specific type (cubics) yet, so it wasn't enabled. It will be turned on at some point in the future.

All the other forms do work however.

OK. Thanks for the explanation about the exception for now. Really amazing. And useful!
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)