Copy/save results on Prime
05-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Copy/save results on Prime
In advanced graphing app, upon generating a table, is it possible to save a result? I can highlight a cell, but don't know if I can save it to use in a further calculation.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 06:39 PM by John Colvin.)
RE: Copy/save results on Prime
You can use copy and paste on the highlighted cell - shift View to copy the cell and when you need it again press shift Menu (Paste) and the value will appear in a popup menu listing the last 5 copied values.
05-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Thanks...it works...a bit round about if one wants 2 points of interest from the number table. It seems, for example, that I need to copy first point of interest from the advanced graphing numeric table (where I was choosing x values based on chosen y values), then go to HOME or CAS and paste, then go back to table, copy the 2nd point of interest, then go to function app to get area under curve and finally have both POI's in the paste last 5 copy memory to plug in.
05-03-2015, 10:32 PM
That assumes that I wish to solve my problem in a graphing environment. Even to solve in HOME or CAS, a bit of round about gyrations are needed. I would like to see an easier way to save multiple points of interest in the function and advanced graphing apps.
05-04-2015, 06:39 AM
You can copy up to 5 values then go to home or cas and paste them, in the paste menu you should always see the last 5 values copied.
The problem is that this is really a copy/paste, so it only copies the digits you have on the table. If you display only 4 digit on the table, after the copy paste you loose all the not displaied digits.
05-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Copy, at least for me, does not save last 5 copies unless I have pasted the copied item somewhere. It would be much more convenient if the last 5 copy menu didn't require that the items be pasted somewhere in order for the items to make the last 5 copy list.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)