The "apply" command
04-26-2015, 08:44 PM
The "apply" command
In the HELP for the "apply" command, the first example has x->x^3 (which is implemented with the "Sto" key)??. Then, applied to [1,2,3]. I am having trouble running this simple example.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bill_G
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: The "apply" command
apply is a CAS command and should be run from CAS not from Home.
From the help you can select the examples with the second soft key and copy the one you want to the command line, then you can see how it works. And it's not the Sto key, you can just type the two characters ->
04-26-2015, 10:31 PM
(04-26-2015 10:08 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  apply is a CAS command and should be run from CAS not from Home.
From the help you can select the examples with the second soft key and copy the one you want to the command line, then you can see how it works. And it's not the Sto key, you can just type the two characters ->

I had already tried your suggestion and the -> shows as the Sto key symbol. Also, the brackets [1,2,3] show as {1,2,3} in the command line. Then, an ERROR results when you ENTER.

Can you run this example in your calculator?
04-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Thanks. I got it running in my calculator.

However, if you are using this command in a program with the simulator, you have to be careful in the way the list of numbers (i.e., [1 2 3]) is typed. The commas in the example cause trouble.

Bill_G

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)