WP 34S library programs
04-11-2015, 05:57 PM
WP 34S library programs
I was wondering about how to do 3D vector cross products on my WP 34S. Looked in the library catalogue and found the V*V program...it works great! Intuitive...it knows if I have a 2D vs. 3D vectors based on number of stack levels entered. I did find that I should enter the B vector 1st, A vector 2nd...that makes sense. Also saw quickly that the vector program used some of the hot keys so that I had to use the yellow key square root key to enter a square root.

Much handier than on my TI 36X Pro or CASIO 9860gii.

Well done!

My question is...where do I go to find a listing of the library programs, their descriptions and instructions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2015, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2015 01:28 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: WP 34S library programs
(04-11-2015 05:57 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  My question is...where do I go to find a listing of the library programs, their descriptions and instructions?
If you have subversion (svn) installed on your system then issue this command to get the latest source tree:

svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/wp34s/code wp34s

If you don't have subversion you can get a relatively updated version from this site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wp34s/

Then look in the wp34s/library directory and you will find the sourcecode for all of the library routines.
If you would like to use the compiler tools to turn the source code for a particular library function back into a working program ready to load into the emulator or calculator, see my earlier posting here

Hope this was helpful, Barry
04-11-2015, 08:48 PM
In addition to what Barry wrote:

The WP 34S library routines are contributions of various people. Each routine should contain a header with its description, though that depends on the discipline of the respective contributor. There's no place where the descriptions and instructions of all library routines are compiled so far and I doubt there will be one for the reasons mentioned.

HTH

d:-)
04-11-2015, 10:35 PM
(04-11-2015 05:57 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  My question is...where do I go to find a listing of the library programs, their descriptions and instructions?

The listings are on your 34S. GTO the program, switch to program mode and there it is.
Copy the program to RAM to make changes. No DRM here Smile

The instructions, if any, are in the 34S SourceForge repository as has already been mentioned.

- Pauli

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)