Random Integers Wish
04-09-2015, 01:44 AM
Random Integers Wish
I would like to see an option offered that would allow a user to choose between a list of random integers and a list of random numbers without duplication...equivalent to the statistical exercise of choosing balls from an urn with replacement, and an option to choose without replacement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: Random Integers Wish
(04-09-2015 01:44 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  I would like to see an option offered that would allow a user to choose between a list of random integers and a list of random numbers without duplication...equivalent to the statistical exercise of choosing balls from an urn with replacement, and an option to choose without replacement.

Good news: What you seek is already available. In the following, all parameters are assumed to be integers.

RANDINT(n,a,b) --> n random integers between a and b inclusive, with possible duplicates.

rand(n,a,b) --> n random integers between a and b inclusive, with no duplicates. Of course, b-a must be big enough to accommodate n items, else an error occurs.

Notice that rand must be spelled in lowercase, whereas randint works in both uppercase and lowercase.

Alternative method: CAS.RANDOM(n,a,b) seems to be the same as rand(n,a,b), but CAS.RANDOM must be spelled all in uppercase.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 02:36 AM
RE: Random Integers Wish
Thanks! I do remember noting this a long time ago, and forgot! This should be in the catalogue.
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)