Android Emulator and the WAIT() command
04-05-2015, 03:28 PM
Android Emulator and the WAIT() command
It appears the WAIT() command on the Android Prime emulator is not working properly. I must enter WAIT(3000), instead of WAIT(1), to get approx 1 second wait in my program. I am encountering this on a first generation Nexus 7 tablet, Android 5+. Can anyone duplicate this behavior?
Thanks rcf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Android Emulator and the WAIT() command
Yes, it seems that the way that specific timer was implemented is actually dependent on something that varies per device processor and not a real time value. It is being investigated.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-05-2015, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 05:21 PM by Gerald H.)
(04-05-2015 03:28 PM)Bob Frazee Wrote:  It appears the WAIT() command on the Android Prime emulator is not working properly. I must enter WAIT(3000), instead of WAIT(1), to get approx 1 second wait in my program. I am encountering this on a first generation Nexus 7 tablet, Android 5+. Can anyone duplicate this behavior?
Thanks rcf

Well done, you're the first to have discovered a bug (probably) isolated to the app.

Other intrepid early adopters will hopefully continue the good work.

Having decided not to buy the app, I just wonder....could any such bug osmotically seep back into the real calculator?
04-23-2015, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2015 12:38 AM by Bob Frazee.)
Thanks HP. The WAIT() command bug appears to have been exterminated. What is a "Signature Bug", as indicated in the play store updates?
rcf
04-23-2015, 12:59 PM
The signing server (the HP one that does the android application signing for everyone in the company) was updated to java 7. Apparently, some devices (primarily the samsung note variants it seems) took exception that due to some slight difference.

I have vague memories of seeing some complaints on the internet with some incompatibilities around java updates and apk signing a while back. I suspect it might have been this or a similar issue. Dunno for sure though...

TW

04-23-2015, 05:40 PM
--> Bob Frazee or Tim Wessman,

Can you please verify that text can be pasted from another Android application (ie Quick Office text editor) into the Android Prime Emulator program editor? I am curious as this (at the moment) would seem to me to be the only way to "import" existing Prime programs into the Prime emulator.

Thanks!
04-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Yes, you can paste.

If you have direct access to the data storage location you could also also just copy the files there.

TW

04-23-2015, 11:03 PM
(04-23-2015 06:54 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Yes, you can paste.

If you have direct access to the data storage location you could also also just copy the files there.

Tim,

I have tried to copy and paste a text file using the pull out menu on the emulator, only the first 3 characters or so are copied into the program editor. I have also tried to copy less overall text (assuming it was a buffer issue) with the same result. From my perspective, based upon your reply this technique should work. I have verified that I can copy and paste the text between other apps, so what am I missing?
04-23-2015, 11:19 PM
I just copied and pasted text from a browser (your comment actually), and then something from another application. No issues at all. That was in english on a Nexus 5 running 5.1. I know quite a few other people have mentioned pasting in programs and whatnot, so I suspect might be something specific over there causing the issue.

Your device/version/language settings would potentially help track down what might be happening here. Private message/email me if you'd prefer not to post it directly. Else, I believe there is a support email in the application page somewhere.

TW

04-24-2015, 10:24 PM
(04-23-2015 11:19 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I just copied and pasted text from a browser (your comment actually), and then something from another application. No issues at all. That was in english on a Nexus 5 running 5.1. I know quite a few other people have mentioned pasting in programs and whatnot, so I suspect might be something specific over there causing the issue.

Your device/version/language settings would potentially help track down what might be happening here. Private message/email me if you'd prefer not to post it directly. Else, I believe there is a support email in the application page somewhere.

Tim,

I have the emulator copy/paste problem identified. The file that I cannot cut/paste into the emulator is Unicode encoded. I tested to see if that was the actual issue by creating two copies of my program, one saved with UTF-8 encoding, the other Unicode encoding. The UTF-8 copies and pastes into the emulator with no problem regardless of the editor used to open and copy the file. The Unicode version has the same issue as I originally reported to you yesterday. It seems the emulator cannot handle Unicode encoded text whereas the Android text editors can. The “work around” is to insure that any text file you are trying to copy and paste into the emulator has UTF-8 encoding… Or, as previously stated in my email, open the file with Jota on the Android device and copy it from there, as that editor copies to the clipboard with a compatible encoding.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)