03-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...calculator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Android
Very interesting...
I wonder if they will make one for IOS too?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Nice but not compatible with any of my Android devices Sad
I don't know where to find the exact requirements ...
03-24-2015, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 12:50 PM by rprosperi.)
Works on my Moto Droid RAZR HD MAXX Phone (Android 4.4.2), but the "screen" (in portrait mode, which only uses about 60% of the actual LCD width, due to the geometry required to get the entire keyboard in) is so small that touchscreen feature is almost unusable. Landscape mode may be a tiny bit larger, not sure yet. Seems like the intended use is on a tablet rather than phone.

Software version is: 2015 03 10 (1.0.7)
H/W Version: Android Emulator
CAS Version: 1.1.1-11
Help Editon: 2015 06

Tim/Cyrile - can you correlate the s/w version with the device/emulator version? If different, are release notes available somewhere?

Screen/font size notwithstanding, the keyboard is more legible than a real device, though the same colors are retained.

Can I connect this to the emulator? (No cable here to check)

The QSG and full User Guide are installed (PDF).

Thanks for heads-up Bernard.

--Bob Prosperi
03-24-2015, 01:46 PM
(03-24-2015 11:55 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  Very interesting...
I wonder if they will make one for IOS too?

yes, me too. I wonder (I hope)... Smile

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2015, 01:58 PM
(03-24-2015 12:50 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Works on my Moto Droid RAZR HD MAXX Phone (Android 4.4.2), but the "screen" (in portrait mode, which only uses about 60% of the actual LCD width, due to the geometry required to get the entire keyboard in)

You can improve that some by swiping from the left, and then turning off the "menu". That will remove the top hp logo, lights, etc which should make it a bit larger.

Quote: tiny bit larger, not sure yet. Seems like the intended use is on a tablet rather than phone.[/quote

It is really targetted at device with 5in or larger screens for ideal use.

I believe the only requirement is android 4.1 or higher.

[quote]Tim/Cyrile - can you correlate the s/w version with the device/emulator version? If different, are release notes available somewhere?

It is basically the current release you have. There are, or should be, no differences except the few required to get it running on android. I would guess in the future the build information and dates will be synchoronized as much as possible.

Quote:Can I connect this to the emulator? (No cable here to check)

No. It does support communication over IP, but there is no way to set that up in either the emulator or connkit.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-24-2015, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 03:20 PM by Gerald H.)
Does it suffer from the same limitations as the real Prime?

eg Real Prime refuses to ifactor(10^55+1).

By the way XCAS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...xcas&hl=de

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...s&hl=en_GB

factors the same number in less than a second on Samsung S3.

The XCAS app is free compared with € 22.43 for Prime app.

Also paridroid app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...roid&hl=en

factors the same number instantly.
03-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Virtual calculators on a tablet makes it much easier to show students how to use the actual hardware since many tablets these days can project their screen wirelessly to projectors (hooked up to something akin to the Apple or Google TV).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
03-24-2015, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 07:22 PM by compsystems.)
HP Prime CAS on Android-OS
[Image: hp_prime_cas_on_android_os_image00.png]

Thanks development HP Prime team, I hope in future releases full screen LCD and new keyboard style, to compete with the versión CAS of nspire calc

http://education.ti.com/en/us/nspire-family/ipad

[Image: product-ipad-proper-math-notations.png]

TI-Nspire for iPad Review: Part I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTMQWwO4aJU
03-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Cool, but it is not available in Spain.
03-24-2015, 06:22 PM
(03-24-2015 04:13 PM)akmon Wrote:  Cool, but it is not available in Spain.

Since the calculator supports the local language (or anywhere else that applies), there are pending translations for the "play store" text. Once those come in I would anticipate it being turned on there.

TW

03-24-2015, 06:48 PM
Great app!!!! Very cheap compared to real HP Prime in Brazil (In Brazil the real HP Prime costs around 700 BRL and the HP Prime Android app costs around 63 BRL!!!)....
I apologize the HP's effort to porting the HP Prime emulator on more platafforms!
If I were an developer, I would develop a HP Prime emulator on Windows Phone and a version for Windows tablets too, in Modern-style app....
03-24-2015, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 11:08 PM by Bob Frazee.)
Well, I just downloaded the Prime app from the play store. I loaded it on a Nexus 7 (first generation, only 1 camera), 7 inch tablet. Android 5.1. It works, somewhat. When I go to landscape mode, I lose the numeric keypad. When I check info, it says I have 98KB memory, 98KB storage. I'm presently working on a program that is 50KB in size. Also, how do I transfer user created programs or apps to this emulator?
rcf

Update March 25, 2015
I loaded the emulator on my later generation Nexus 7 (2 cameras, Android 5.0.2). I did not lose my numeric keypad when switching to landscape mode on this tablet. Since I wrote my original post, my first generation Nexus 7 has also lost the arrow key pad in landscape mode. The only thing showing in landscape mode is the screen, not very useful. In portrait mode, it works just fine. I got my 50k program transferred, and it runs as well on the emulator as it does on the real hardware.

Question to HP or Tim;
What do you need from me to troubleshoot this landscape mode problem on my first generation Nexus 7?
Thanks
rcf
03-24-2015, 10:02 PM
wow. I have 9 devices registered in the Play Store and NONE of them seem to be compatible. Including some Lollipop and KitKat devices, tablets and phones, quite recent ones. What gives?
03-24-2015, 10:37 PM
(03-24-2015 10:02 PM)rogeriol Wrote:  wow. I have 9 devices registered in the Play Store and NONE of them seem to be compatible. Including some Lollipop and KitKat devices, tablets and phones, quite recent ones. What gives?

Dunno. Seems kind of strange to me as I'd expect anything over a 4.1 version of android. Could you send me a pm with a few of them that you figure should be and I'll pass that along? Thanks.

TW

03-24-2015, 10:42 PM
(03-24-2015 09:19 PM)Bob Frazee Wrote:  Well, I just downloaded the Prime app from the play store. I loaded it on a Nexus 7 (first generation, only 1 camera), 7 inch tablet. Android 5.1. It works, somewhat. When I go to landscape mode, I lose the numeric keypad.

I've never seen that one before. I know it was tested on a rev 2 n7, but no device from the not inconsidereable list tested on ever showed that. I wonder if it has something to do with 5.1? (although I know 5.1 works on my personal N5 with it)

Quote: When I check info, it says I have 98KB memory, 98KB storage.

That is purely a hardcoded value and doesn't impact anything behavior wise. The app definitely has access to any storage available, and all the system ram.

Quote:Also, how do I transfer user created programs or apps to this emulator?

The only way to do so at this time is either copy and paste (from text somewhere) directly into the emulator. Or else to load the file from the pc to the data folder on the android device. There is no direct connection to the connkit at this point.

TW

03-24-2015, 10:44 PM
(03-24-2015 01:58 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  You can improve that some by swiping from the left, and then turning off the "menu". That will remove the top hp logo, lights, etc which should make it a bit larger.

Thanks Tim, good tip! Although it doesn't appear that much larger, at least for me it makes a big difference in usability.

For comm with the CK or emulator, even USB would be OK, just some way to download large programs, restore backups, etc. It's barely OK to type big programs into a real Prime, but just not happening at all with a touchscreen keyboard. I think this will severely limit its use for folks that write/use programs, although for just plain calculating it may be fine. Hopefully this will be reconsidered for an update?

--Bob Prosperi
03-24-2015, 11:03 PM
(03-24-2015 10:02 PM)rogeriol Wrote:  wow. I have 9 devices registered in the Play Store and NONE of them seem to be compatible. Including some Lollipop and KitKat devices, tablets and phones, quite recent ones. What gives?

It could be possible that anyone with devices located/registered in a country that has as the main language one of the "supported" languages in the calculator other then English will have something like this for a short while (until the "Translated" play store text appears). Honestly, the workings behind the scenes of the play store are still new to us and I could definitely see something like that being problematic since those locations are "blocked" till the translations appear.

TW

03-25-2015, 01:54 AM
I see it has the x^2 bug. If you press 5 then the x² button, it gives a syntax error rather than 25 as the real Prime and Windows emulator do.

Tom L
Cui bono?
03-25-2015, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 05:52 AM by Gerald H.)
(03-25-2015 01:54 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I see it has the x^2 bug. If you press 5 then the x² button, it gives a syntax error rather than 25 as the real Prime and Windows emulator do.

Ha, ha! That old chestnut returns.

& the new level of alienation from the operating system invites a whole new level of bugs into the Prime house.

I wanted to quote & praise cutterjohn's brilliant translation of Primese into plain English from

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3317.html

(03-22-2015 11:18 PM)cutterjohn Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 09:50 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  The existing code base. It's not the first time in computer history that new hardware was used to emulate older designs just to preserve the investment in software. (Tandem Computers' NonStop architecture comes to my mind here.)
HP was too fscking cheap--- to do for the 50g what they did for the prime is the TRUE answer which answers why they're where they're at now vs. TI selling 30y old garbage at assinine prices...
Yes and that's a two fold experience: We can see tremendous advantages in performance and usability, but on the other hand, the system leaves a lot to improve on.Doesn't even approach 48xx capabilities and reliability...
fixed it for ya...

It's called what happens when you're running a failing business and further compound that by NOT spending ANY money on it(or spending it foolishly)... evidenced by: HP Prime still a WIP at best... HP the home of alpha(beta?) calculators...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)