Android
04-01-2015, 04:58 AM
RE: Android
Should be available everywhere now from what I've been told. Also, should be corrected - x^2 RPN, keyboard image in landscape mode on original Nexus 7 (thanks for the report Bob!), Esc going to exam mode setup screen when coming back in to the app.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 05:12 AM
Should buyers of the physical calculator get a reduction?
04-01-2015, 06:09 AM
Cool, I bought this as soon as I saw this thread and saw my phone is compatible. It's handy to have a sophisticated phone app that fully matches the calculator itself.
04-01-2015, 01:34 PM
(04-01-2015 04:58 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Should be available everywhere now from what I've been told. Also, should be corrected - x^2 RPN, keyboard image in landscape mode on original Nexus 7 (thanks for the report Bob!), Esc going to exam mode setup screen when coming back in to the app.

Today (April 1st) the version available on the App Store is still dated March 23rd. No April Fools and no update here. Sad

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-01-2015, 04:38 PM
(04-01-2015 04:58 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Should be available everywhere now from what I've been told. Also, should be corrected - x^2 RPN, keyboard image in landscape mode on original Nexus 7 (thanks for the report Bob!), Esc going to exam mode setup screen when coming back in to the app.

I bought the app on Google Play when it first came out, but I'm having a problem getting the "update". The iOS on iPad/iPhone handles updates in the background seamlessly, but Android may not work the same way: the bug was still there this morning. I tried 'uninstall' in Google Play and then 'install', but the bug did not go away. (Repeated that 3x, no joy)

Then I tried to uninstall the app in 'settings' (wherever the 'gear' is called in Android), but the HP Prime would not go away. Then I tried powering off. The program and bug are still hanging on.

What is this bug? MRSA?

I must be doing something wrong: what is the procedure to get the update?

Thanks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2015, 05:46 PM
(04-01-2015 04:38 PM)dbbotkin Wrote:  

I bought the app on Google Play when it first came out, but I'm having a problem getting the "update". The iOS on iPad/iPhone handles updates in the background seamlessly, but Android may not work the same way: the bug was still there this morning. I tried 'uninstall' in Google Play and then 'install', but the bug did not go away. (Repeated that 3x, no joy)

Then I tried to uninstall the app in 'settings' (wherever the 'gear' is called in Android), but the HP Prime would not go away. Then I tried powering off. The program and bug are still hanging on.

What is this bug? MRSA?

Thanks

It's as I said: The update is NOT available on Google Play yet. The version on GP is still from March 25 (the original version).

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-01-2015, 05:49 PM
(04-01-2015 04:38 PM)dbbotkin Wrote:  What is this bug? MRSA?

It is normally automatic. If it didn't prompt you for an update then the play store system doesn't have the "update" yet. I know there were some signing issues on the google side that were slowing things down. It might be possible that the new version isn't actually there yet and the "old" one is the one that the store has.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-01-2015, 05:51 PM
(04-01-2015 05:46 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 04:38 PM)dbbotkin Wrote:  I bought the app on Google Play when it first came out, but I'm having a problem getting the "update". The iOS on iPad/iPhone handles updates in the background seamlessly, but Android may not work the same way: the bug was still there this morning. I tried 'uninstall' in Google Play and then 'install', but the bug did not go away. (Repeated that 3x, no joy)

What is this bug? MRSA?

Thanks

It's as I said: The update is NOT available on Google Play yet. The version on GP is still from March 25 (the original version).

Tom L

Sorry, I didn't know Google Play was "the app store". So where is the update? Are there other sources?
04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
(04-01-2015 05:49 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 04:38 PM)dbbotkin Wrote:  What is this bug? MRSA?

It is normally automatic. If it didn't prompt you for an update then the play store system doesn't have the "update" yet. I know there were some signing issues on the google side that were slowing things down. It might be possible that the new version isn't actually there yet and the "old" one is the one that the store has.

Great - Still a chance to get the 1st edition buggy version!
04-01-2015, 10:34 PM
(04-01-2015 06:00 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 05:49 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It is normally automatic. If it didn't prompt you for an update then the play store system doesn't have the "update" yet. I know there were some signing issues on the google side that were slowing things down. It might be possible that the new version isn't actually there yet and the "old" one is the one that the store has.

Great - Still a chance to get the 1st edition buggy version!
Oops! Too late. I just got the update so I guess Google is on the job after all.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-02-2015, 08:55 PM
(04-01-2015 03:12 AM)Mariox Wrote:  Is back!

This page inidicates s/w updated as of April 1st.
Never, ever do that.

--Bob Prosperi
04-03-2015, 05:25 AM
(04-02-2015 08:55 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 03:12 AM)Mariox Wrote:  Is back!

This page inidicates s/w updated as of April 1st.
Never, ever do that.

Oh so true.

In line with the key-board coloration!
05-24-2015, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2015 01:27 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
(03-24-2015 11:49 AM)parisse Wrote:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...calculator

Would it be possible to provide this description on a HP web page also?

Because the existing link cannot be read unless you have a Google Play account.
And after my old phone broke I couldn't remember my password, so I was unable to check the specifications.

And does anyone know if it usable on a Moto E phone with a 4.3in screen?
(Update: yes it works)

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
05-24-2015, 02:02 PM
(05-24-2015 08:13 AM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 11:49 AM)parisse Wrote:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...calculator

Would it be possible to provide this description on a HP web page also?

Because the existing link cannot be read unless you have a Google Play account.
And after my old phone broke I couldn't remember my password, so I was unable to check the specifications.

And does anyone know if it usable on a Moto E phone with a 4.3in screen?

Here is the official HP link which includes Android info: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/prime...a5cqf1p9xi

In so far as being usable on a 4.3 screen, that depends on the individual. I find my 5 inch Droid Ultra screen at the limit of usability, and my Nexus 7 to be easy to use. You can download the app, try it and if you don't like it uninstall in within 2 hrs for a refund.
07-15-2015, 06:59 AM
(03-24-2015 10:42 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 09:19 PM)Bob Frazee Wrote:  ... Also, how do I transfer user created programs or apps to this emulator?

The only way to do so at this time is either copy and paste (from text somewhere) directly into the emulator. Or else to load the file from the pc to the data folder on the android device. There is no direct connection to the connkit at this point.

See emphasis (by me). Where is such folder on android device, please? I can't see it.

Prime, 15C CE
07-15-2015, 08:22 PM
(07-15-2015 06:59 AM)chromos Wrote:  
(03-24-2015 10:42 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The only way to do so at this time is either copy and paste (from text somewhere) directly into the emulator. Or else to load the file from the pc to the data folder on the android device. There is no direct connection to the connkit at this point.

See emphasis (by me). Where is such folder on android device, please? I can't see it.

I could be wrong, but, I believe that your Android device has to be rooted in order to see the folders where the majority of the applications are stored. I have tried a number of tools and cannot see the folders.

This is what I do, it seems lengthy but it does not really take much effort:

From the connectivity kit, copy the desired Prime program text to an editor on your computer that supports Unicode encoding (not UTF 8), I use Notepad++. Save the file as a .txt file on your computer.

Copy the .txt file from your computer to the desired folder on your Android device using the method native to your computer (Android File Transfer on a Mac).

I then use JOTA (text editor) on the Android device to open and perform a select all/copy to copy the text into memory on the Android device.

Start the HP Prime emulator and create a new program (with the appropriate name) and delete the default template code from the new program.

With the "empty" program still open, swipe the screen to get to the Prime's edit menu, select paste, and the program text copied to memory in JOTA will be inserted into your Prime program.
07-15-2015, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 11:19 PM by chromos.)
(07-15-2015 08:22 PM)kharpster Wrote:  
(07-15-2015 06:59 AM)chromos Wrote:  See emphasis (by me). Where is such folder on android device, please? I can't see it.

...This is what I do, it seems lengthy but it does not really take much effort...

I am doing it this way with small difference (Ultra Edit, ES File Explorer), but it is unworthy to HP Prime, isn't?

For example, I cannot imagine that spreadsheet app will work the same way (CSV export on PC with proper coding and delimiters, then open this file in text editor on android, copying it and paste into spreadsheet app on android. For every list of every spreadsheet file. Fortunately, in the end I have spreadsheet file which I can store anywhere. It is not the case of HP Prime, because after resetting it I can start from scratch. Grr!)

Feature request: is it possible to have user's accessible directory the same way as HP Prime emu for PC has (c:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\HP_Prime\)? Then we could transfer our files via USB the same way as we are doing it with all other files (ebooks, music, images, movies etc.) Or better yet working connectivity kit with android HP Prime.

Prime, 15C CE
07-20-2015, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2015 05:15 AM by chromos.)
Creating your own function crashes to desktop
Software version 2015 04 20 (1.0.9)
Nexus 6 with Android 5.1.1
Moto G with Android 5.0.2

Example from 'HP Prime Graphing Calculator - User Guide Phase 2.pdf' page 421:

"Suppose you wanted to create the function SINCOS(A,B)=SIN(A)+COS(B)+C."

After creating this user defined function the HP Prime crashes to desktop. Sometimes immediately after last OK in defining screen, but always if I am trying to edit already defined function. I tried different functions with different names and everytime HP Prime crashes to desktop.

Reset from menu doesn't help. I am unable to define any function. It is rather serious bug.

Edit: demonstrating video:

Prime, 15C CE
07-22-2015, 06:26 PM
300 views within last two days (my previous post) and no one can tell if that bug is reproducible or not?

Prime, 15C CE
07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
An awful bug!

Google Play says 500 to 1000 purchases of emulator.

300 views of your video - How many will have actually bought the app?

I don't have the phone emulator so can't be of any real help.

I find it's difficult getting responses even if others are in the same position.

Best may be to tell HP & ask for your money back.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)