03-18-2015, 07:12 PM
ConnectivityKit
Is it posible to change the font (bigger) of the ConnectivityKit

Cheers,

Jan Kromhout
Hellevoetsluis-NL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2015, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 07:20 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: ConnectivityKit
Not at the moment.

Is anyone that is having problems on this doing so primarily due to a "high resolution" screen that scales everything down? If so, could you let me know which system/laptop you are using so I could possibly get something to test on that exhibits the problem?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-18-2015, 07:27 PM
I use Windows7 under Parallels with my Macbook Pro (with hires Regina screen)
03-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Tim,

My system is a Dell Studio XPS8000, with a Dell SX2210 monitor, NVIDIA display adapter, set for 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz, 32bit color.

Regarding the CK: If there was a font size option that could be added to something like an .ini file, or some kind of edit | preferences like setting, it would be quite helpful. There's nothing wrong, per se, it's just that if I could increase the font size, my work within the CK would be MUCH easier.

-Dale-
03-18-2015, 09:04 PM
I'm also on a PC under WIN 8 with a high resolution screen and therefore tiny font.
03-18-2015, 09:57 PM
I use Windows 8.1 with a 2560x1440 screen resolution Sad Please improve the fonts for Connectivity Kit & HP Prime Emulator Smile
03-19-2015, 12:59 PM
In my PC, I increased the PC Screen view to 125% to
improve the text size in the Connectivity Kit.
03-19-2015, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 04:28 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
Well,

I copy and paste my programs into an external editor to overcome the small font problem. This is no long term solution, but makes the Connectivity kit useable for me.

For a future release I propose to add a font selection (font name and size) to the Options dialog. Some users may prefer a fixed width font, others a proportional font and some like it hot. Based on today's technology I think a customization should be possible. The user rules ... and future displays may have even higher resolutions.

Martin
03-19-2015, 04:39 PM
(03-19-2015 04:28 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  For a future release I propose to add a font selection (font name and size) to the Options dialog. Some users may prefer a fixed width font, others a proportional font and some like it hot. ...
Martin

I agree.
And it would be very nice to have also a toolbar with some tools for programming: structures, special characters, ..., and also a error checking system Wink
I'm sure to see them soon in CK!

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Better yet-a full-featured IDE for the Prime. Something like the Keil IDE for
ARM based micro-controllers. Maybe someday...
03-20-2015, 11:37 AM
hi Tim,
I'm here with Windows 7, 21.5" monitor, but I'm a bit myopic (and also presbyopic, as I'm getting "not so much young"), and the characters of CK seem a bit small also to me, I read them, but I'd prefer can adjust them...

Another thing I'd like to see would be is UNICODE: I'm editing a program with some UNICODE chars, I see them well in Textpad and also in TExtEdit in my Mac, but in CK I can see them as a bold bar...

Thank you always for your effort and help!

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2015, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2015 04:42 AM by Spybot.)

Hi Everyone!

I have the same issue! with the font size in the CK. Also it would be nice if they can add line numbers so when we are programming it'll be so much easier.
For me... the main issue is the font size ... it is very small, I use glasses... and sometimes even wearing those I start having problems reading my programming codes.

Spybot.
03-26-2015, 02:16 PM
There are really multiple issues going on. First, you have the UI text size. This is for things like button text, menus, etc. The released connkit is using QT4 which didn't really have support for high dpi screens (qt5 does, but it is still impacted by the underlying OS settings and such). Second, you have high DPI screens which can do all sorts of strange things in many different situations. Windows has finally started to at least decently handle these, but only really with win 8.1 onwards. Thirdly, the problem of being able to specify the "editor" font size.

Of the three, the last is really the only one for which there is a clear solution. The others will most likely take several rounds of tweaking and adjustments to hopefully get something that works great everywhere because there are just so many combinations and possibilities.

TW

03-26-2015, 02:55 PM
(03-26-2015 02:16 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  There are really multiple issues going on. First, you have the UI text size. This is for things like button text, menus, etc. The released connkit is using QT4 which didn't really have support for high dpi screens (qt5 does, but it is still impacted by the underlying OS settings and such). Second, you have high DPI screens which can do all sorts of strange things in many different situations. Windows has finally started to at least decently handle these, but only really with win 8.1 onwards. Thirdly, the problem of being able to specify the "editor" font size.

Of the three, the last is really the only one for which there is a clear solution. The others will most likely take several rounds of tweaking and adjustments to hopefully get something that works great everywhere because there are just so many combinations and possibilities.

Please add "font style/name selection" to the last issue (font size) e.g. "xxx mono".

Thanks in advance.
03-26-2015, 03:27 PM
(03-26-2015 02:55 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  Please add "font style/name selection" to the last issue (font size) e.g. "xxx mono".

Thanks in advance.

Is the problem that you want to be able to specify a different font completely, or that some characters weren't properly showing up?

I hesitate to allow general fonts due to losing the ability to view the special hp only characters for things like i and so on, but I'm not dead set on that.

TW

03-26-2015, 03:54 PM
(03-26-2015 03:27 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(03-26-2015 02:55 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  Please add "font style/name selection" to the last issue (font size) e.g. "xxx mono".

Thanks in advance.

Is the problem that you want to be able to specify a different font completely, or that some characters weren't properly showing up?

I hesitate to allow general fonts due to losing the ability to view the special hp only characters for things like i and so on, but I'm not dead set on that.
The problem is, that i prefer a font with mono-spacing (e.g. DejaVu sans mono), partly because detecting and controlling structure of an program is much easier. So if you will offer one mono spaced font, that's o.k.

Besides font size and font type some basic editing functions are also indispensable, like line numbering, search/replace, indent/unintend, tab size, ... but I assume that they are already on the todo list anyway ;-)

Many thanks in advance.
11-19-2015, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2015 10:31 PM by Spybot.)
Hello!
I recently realized that programming the Prime using ConKit continues to be a bit of a problem for me, because of the font size environment ConKit uses, I don't think high resolution monitors are the problem, I have a high-res monitor and I can still do some programming for the Prime using PrimePad (by Erwin Ried), all I do is press CTRL key in conjunction with my mouse wheel to zoom my code in and out.
I wish I could do that on the HP Connectivity Kit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Spybot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)