Geometry App Misleading Labels & Measurements. (SOLVED)
03-14-2015, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 06:44 AM by Spybot.)
Geometry App Misleading Labels & Measurements. (SOLVED)

Hi Everyone!
I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem on the Hp Prime Emulator!

I mean... When using the Geometry App... I create two perpendicular lines, then I fire up my measure angle tool and the answer I get is not 90 degrees, it is something completely different, no matter if I set the emulator to RADIANS or DEGREES, I keep getting the same wrong answers (see screenshots).

Also another problem is... when I try to construct a triangle or rectangle etc...(using the dedicated tools for that) I end up with my labels all mixed up(see screenshot).

I'm using the latest and updated emulator version, does any body has the same problems?
Please say something.... Am I the only one with the problem?

Thanx....

You all have a good day!

Spybot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2015, 04:14 AM
RE: Geometry App Misleading Labels & Measurements.
Hi Guys... after searching the User Guide, I found that.... I was measuring my angles in the wrong way! the correct way is taking the first point as the vertex of your angle, then select the other two points. that will give you the correct measurement.

And... regarding to the problem with the labeling, I'm still getting some labels on top of others. like for example: if I draw a triangle with labels(A,B,C), when I press ENTER to finish the shape, I get an extra "D" label on top of the "A" label. This definitely doesn't look nice, in fact is kind of confusing to the eye.
I understand that the Hp Prime assigns a label to each shape it creates, so the problem is that it labels it on top of other labels.

I wonder if HP has already spotted this issue?

Spybot.
03-16-2015, 04:45 AM
Ok Guys finally I figured out what is going on with the labels... the Hp Prime puts the labels on top of others labels... but if you select your shape, it will show up a new menu, which enables you to hide the labels you don't want, so I did and these are my results, nice and clear drawings.

Spybot.
03-16-2015, 08:01 AM
Hello,

Whoa, I LOVE it when users do the questions and the answers, it makes work so much easier!

I am glad that you were able to fix your issues!

Keep posting questions nevertheless!

Cyrille
03-17-2015, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 12:52 AM by Spybot.)
Hi Cyrille!

Thanks for responding!

Look I also found that HP Prime labels all vertex on the right side of the point, and polygons and shapes are also labeled on the same position ( starting on the first point of the shape) that's why labels get mixed up.
My suggestion would be...

1.- To make this labels different in some way that they don't interfere to each other, Like for example: when drawing whole shapes and polygons, put their labels to the left of the starting point (and maybe make them in bold text or different color).

2.-Points and vertex be labeled to the right of the point (and maybe in bold text or different color).

But, what else can I say... I'm just a regular user, you're the expert here, therefore you got the last word on this. I hope HP take this suggestions in consideration for future Prime OS's releases.

Spybot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)