"Professional Computing" anyone?
03-10-2015, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 10:15 AM by Martin Hepperle.)
"Professional Computing" anyone?
Dear All

Once upon a time there was a follow on journal to "HP Key Notes". It was called "Professional Computing" and intially published by Wiley and later by Camden Publications. Besides content relevant for larger HP computer systems, this journal is supposed to have contained also columns for 40 and 70 series computers.
I searched the internet and have not found a single copy of this journal (yes, not everything is on the internet).
So: does anybody have copies of this journal and would it be worth to scan them and make them available?

Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 12:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 01:36 AM by Namir.)
RE: "Professional Computing" anyone?
I used to write for Professional Computing and did a few reviews for HP calculators AND the HP-71B Curve Fit module. A few years ago, I bought that module from TAS and the seller included a copy of my article in Professional Computing. That was sweet!

The publication struggled financially and closed shop after a few years. I remember hey still owed me money!

I don't think there is any copies of Professional Computing on the Internet.

Namir
12-09-2016, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 11:19 AM by Martin Hepperle.)
To close this thread: all issues of "Professional Computing" have been found and scanned by Everett Kaser and are now available on the Series-80 IO-Groups web site (https://groups.io/g/hpseries80/files/Pro...20Magazine).

Martin
12-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I was able to access the Professional Computing issues. The list online is partial. I remember I wrote many articles/reviews and found only one in the issues that I was able to download.

Namir
12-16-2016, 04:01 PM
(12-09-2016 01:50 PM)Namir Wrote:  I was able to access the Professional Computing issues. The list online is partial. I remember I wrote many articles/reviews and found only one in the issues that I was able to download.

Namir

ah, too bad. I was hoping that we were complete.
Another possibility could be that they did not publish all your articles before they folded.

So: if someone has any missing issues of "Professional Computing" or a complete list of issues published (cannot be vary many) he is welcome to share this material.

In the meantime this thread stays open ...

Martin
12-19-2016, 01:59 PM
(12-16-2016 04:01 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 01:50 PM)Namir Wrote:  I was able to access the Professional Computing issues. The list online is partial. I remember I wrote many articles/reviews and found only one in the issues that I was able to download.

Namir

ah, too bad. I was hoping that we were complete.
Another possibility could be that they did not publish all your articles before they folded.

So: if someone has any missing issues of "Professional Computing" or a complete list of issues published (cannot be vary many) he is welcome to share this material.

In the meantime this thread stays open ...

Martin

Camden Publishing did publish more issues. I saw my own reviews printed for the HP-19B and the HP-71B Curve Fit module.

Namir
12-19-2016, 03:39 PM
(12-19-2016 01:59 PM)Namir Wrote:  Camden Publishing did publish more issues. I saw my own reviews printed for the HP-19B and the HP-71B Curve Fit module.

Do you have any of those additional issues Namir, several folks here would like to see them.

What is the date/volume of the issue with your article you got with the Curve-Fit ROM you bought a couple years ago?

Recently, 2 totally separate collections found of this interesting magazine that were supposed to have "issues until the end of publication" both ended with V2N3 in Jul/Aug 1985.

Anyone else having issues past this date please confirm.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)