My new old 48G crashed badly
03-08-2015, 03:29 PM
My new old 48G crashed badly
I was in the middle of program edition and it crashed pretty badly for no obvious reason. Then I was offered to restore the memory and found all my programs into a directory with a funny name. Now I'm worried. Is that something common on the 48G or my machine is kinda broken?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: My new old 48G crashed badly
No, it's not common. Can it be that there is a bad contact to the battery?
03-08-2015, 03:56 PM
(03-08-2015 03:29 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  I was in the middle of program edition and it crashed pretty badly for no obvious reason. Then I was offered to restore the memory and found all my programs into a directory with a funny name. Now I'm worried. Is that something common on the 48G or my machine is kinda broken?
Unless you program in Saturn assembly language or System RPL, it is almost impossible to crash this calculator in normal use. Over all those years I never managed to crash my 48GX (revision R) in User RPL.

IIRC, there were two known bugs leading to a crash left even in the latest ROM version R, a few more in earlier revisions. See also:

http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/faq/48faq-3.html
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=3537

Which ROM version does your calculator have? What did you try to do?

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
03-08-2015, 04:08 PM
(03-08-2015 03:55 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  No, it's not common. Can it be that there is a bad contact to the battery?
Could be. Batteries are brand new but I saw that contacts are a little corroded. Also I had to manually bend the contact since the foam behind was dry and flat.

(03-08-2015 03:56 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Which ROM version does your calculator have? What did you try to do?
I have a revision 'R' which apparently is the most advanced version.
I was really doing nothing special... editing some RPL, or copying a program.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)