CCD module variants
02-27-2015, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 08:35 PM by Gene.)
CCD module variants
The 41CL flash library contains a multitude of CCD modules variants.

1) What's the real differences between these?
2) In the smaller V2 flash image, are all of these really needed? They take up a good bit of space in that earlier flash ram that means some newer stuff won't fit, for example, there is no room for the CCD Example rom that is forthcoming.

Here's what I see in the 41CL flash. What's the differences?

1) CCDR - CCD module 1B (two pages)
2) CCDX - CCD OSX ROM (one page - CCD os extensions?)
3) CCDA - CCD Advanced rom (one page)
4) CCDP - CCD Plus rom (two pages)

What do these do for us? That's six flash pages for these.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2015, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 10:52 PM by Raymond Del Tondo.)
RE: CCD module variants
Hi Gene,

even I don't know all CCD ROM image variants.
However, the CCDR is the image of the original CCD ROM module version B,
my CCDX was the first version where all OS extensions were condensed into a single 4K page.
The version of the CCDX already published features a stripped-down CAT'4 , but includes GETROM/SAVEROM . My later (unpublished) version includes the fully blown CAT'4 functionality and a contrast setting function for halfnuts, but omits GETROM/SAVEROM due to space constraints.

All other versions are derived from either the original CCD ROM or my CCD OS/X, where each derivate has a somewhat different focus, and most were made by Angel;-)
IIRC, Angel's latest version features bank switching.
And he makes very nice documentation files for his images.

Cheers

Ray

(02-27-2015 08:31 PM)Gene Wrote:  The 41CL flash library contains a multitude of CCD modules variants.

2) In the smaller V2 flash image, are all of these really needed? They take up a good bit of space in that earlier flash ram that means some newer stuff won't fit, for example, there is no room for the CCD Example rom that is forthcoming.

-- Ray
02-27-2015, 11:31 PM
(02-27-2015 08:31 PM)Gene Wrote:  The 41CL flash library contains a multitude of CCD modules variants.

I'm glad you asked this, as I've been trying to find this out too. I believe Angel said the Advanced CCD is a set of programs built using the CCD ROM functions, rather than an alternate version, but we'll wait for his comments to clarify.

(02-27-2015 10:51 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  Hi Gene,

even I don't know all CCD ROM image variants.
However, the CCDR is the image of the original CCD ROM module version B,
my CCDX was the first version where all OS extensions were condensed into a single 4K page.
The version of the CCDX already published features a stripped-down CAT'4 , but includes GETROM/SAVEROM . My later (unpublished) version includes the fully blown CAT'4 functionality and a contrast setting function for halfnuts, but omits GETROM/SAVEROM due to space constraints.

All other versions are derived from either the original CCD ROM or my CCD OS/X, where each derivate has a somewhat different focus, and most were made by Angel;-)
IIRC, Angel's latest version features bank switching.
And he makes very nice documentation files for his images.

Cheers

Ray

Hello Raymond, haven't seen you around here much lately.

I'm a bit late with my comments, but thank you for the initial CCD OSX ROM, it lead the way for all these other variants. I just got a CL and only recently started exploring the amazing ROM collection, and ran across your cool ROM.

Yes Angel's latest OSX ROM uses 4 banks, and is based on his Library 4 design.

And yeah, his manuals are beautiful.

Don't be a stranger.

--Bob Prosperi
02-28-2015, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 06:08 PM by Ángel Martin.)

Whether they're "needed" or not is in the eye of the beholder. Here's what they all are:

1. CCDR - the original CCD Module
2. CCDX - Raymond's 4k subset. Misses CAT'4 extensions. In my mind it was superseded by the "AOSX", i.e. AMC_OS/X, which in turn got superseded by its Library#4 version ("4AOS"), which in turn got superseded by the Bank-switched versions (OSX2 and OSX3) ... that chain takes us to the ultimate version, i.e. the "OSX3" module - the definitive with four bank-switched pages now.

3. CCDA - A CCD APPS collection (yes, like the ones we're doing now)
4. CCDP - the original CCD without the ARRAY functions (which arguably are sort of superseded by the Matrix set in the Advantage), and which were replaced with more utilities of other general purpose types.

Hope this clarifies - it's a wild world out there...
01-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Undocumented functions
There are several functions in the CCD OS/X ROM that I'm unable to find any documentation for:

CFX
CVIEW
REVX?

I checked the original CCD manual as well as Ángel's AMC OS/X manual, but these functions seem to be unique to Raymond's ROM. Two other unique functions, GETROM and SAVEROM, are discussed here.

David Brunell
Houston, Texas
01-21-2016, 09:16 PM
There is also the Version 1A of the CCD Wink
Maybe to clarify the CAT2 outputs (as the CCD_ terms are not familiar to all of us)?

0) CCDR - CCD module 1A (two pages): CAT2 -W&W CCD A
1) CCDR - CCD module 1B (two pages): CAT2 -W&W CCD B
2) CCDX - CCD OSX ROM (one page): CAT2 -CCD OS/X
3) CCDA - CCD Advanced rom (one page): CAT2 -ADV CCD+
4) CCDP - CCD Plus rom (two pages): CAT2 -CCD PLUS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2016, 09:18 PM
CVIEW - probably the same function in the PowerCL module. Continuous View, Text in Alpha, Shows text, non stop.

CFX - same. Extended CF, flag # in X, clears flag 0-55.

REVX? - I believe this is the OS Revision function in some roms out there.
01-21-2016, 09:36 PM
(01-21-2016 09:18 PM)Gene Wrote:  CVIEW - probably the same function in the PowerCL module. Continuous View, Text in Alpha, Shows text, non stop.

CFX - same. Extended CF, flag # in X, clears flag 0-55.

REVX? - I believe this is the OS Revision function in some roms out there.

Thank you. I forgot to put SFX on the list, but CFX and SFX became obvious once I thought about it a bit.

CVIEW seems to me like it works the same as AVIEW. With a long string in alpha, both functions scroll the string and stop at the end.

For REVX?, it looks like you put the page address (in decimal) in X, and the ROM revision is returned to alpha (but not displayed).

David Brunell
Houston, Texas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)