My HP 35 works only with charger
02-19-2015, 02:58 AM
My HP 35 works only with charger
Hello,

My HP 35 2nd Type (Bug 2.02) works fine but with the charger. Only with battery does not work, but this is in good condition. The battery works OK with my other calculators.

Someone have some idea about this problem.

Many Thanks,

Edwin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2015, 03:24 AM
RE: My HP 35 works only with charger
I've had the same problem. The first thing to check is the contacts, because it's easy and out in the open. Hit them with an ink eraser or lightly with some scotchbrite. A bit of contact cleaner might be good too. Good luck.
02-19-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: My HP 35 works only with charger
(02-19-2015 03:24 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  I've had the same problem. The first thing to check is the contacts, because it's easy and out in the open. Hit them with an ink eraser or lightly with some scotchbrite. A bit of contact cleaner might be good too. Good luck.

I have an HP-80 with this same problem. Cleaning the contacts on the back of the calculator (i.e., the gold posts and tongue) with isopropyl alcohol fixed it for a while. Like time, however, oxidation matches on, and the problem has recently recurred. I have been meaning to try some DeoxIT Gold but haven't gotten around to it yet....

John

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)