ROM on TAS - anyone know anything about the CMA rom ?
02-17-2015, 10:13 PM
ROM on TAS - anyone know anything about the CMA rom ?
Not sure I've seen this one.

The TAS event will likely be over by the time anyone could view it, but $300 was too high for me to find out more info. :-)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2015, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 11:26 PM by Thomas Klemm.)
RE: ROM on TAS - anyone know anything about the CMA rom ?
It's in Jurgen Keller's HP-41 Module Database.
You might want to contact Matthias.

Cheers
Thomas
02-18-2015, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 09:40 AM by Ángel Martin.)
No idea about this one - but if somebody already has it and is willing to contribute the ROM image to the community I'll gladly do the code extraction...

I keep trying...

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1629.html
02-24-2015, 10:03 PM
This is only slightly related to the original topic but I have always wondered what the point of selling (or buying) a ROM module without any accompanying manuals. Most of these tend to be from an era where digital documentation probably existed but not like what we have now (ebooks, etc) such that a quick google search would turn up the manuals. So... are they mostly just being passed around from collector to collector? Or do people actually buy these for actual work (in addition to nostalgia and all that other feel-good stuff :-)

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
02-24-2015, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2015 10:22 PM by Ángel Martin.)
(02-24-2015 10:03 PM)Han Wrote:  So... are they mostly just being passed around from collector to collector? Or do people actually buy these for actual work (in addition to nostalgia and all that other feel-good stuff :-)

I'm not a collector so the ones I've got were for "study" - you can learn nice tricks watching the originals. Also I always share the images with the community, either by posting the ROM files on TOS or directly submitted into the CL Library.

That's what I've been trying to convince other people do as well, so we all win - but.... looks like the real collectors won't like the idea so much. A shame, really.
02-24-2015, 11:12 PM
(02-24-2015 10:21 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  That's what I've been trying to convince other people do as well, so we all win - but.... looks like the real collectors won't like the idea so much. A shame, really.

I agree, folks need to continuously be reminded to share these rare ROMs. Allowing other geeks to check it out by loading ROM images in no way diminishes the rarity or value of the actual hardware module, so it seems to be an act of selfishness, or possibly just indifference to helping others by sharing.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)