Where the 35s is/could have been useful
02-16-2015, 06:30 AM
Where the 35s is/could have been useful
Just want to share:

(1) My 35s has been stolen from my desk. Still hoping for its return, but either way it fulfilled its role as a bait to protect my valuable calculators

(2) This morning two colleagues have fallen for a calculator not following algebraic preceedence rules. RPN rulez Tongue. Now I know who's not responsible for my loss
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Where the 35s is/could have been useful
Bad luck Sad
Check the bin, may be sbdy entered a+b ENTER and seeing b concluded it was broken?

Otherwise http://www.calculatrices-hp.com/index.ph...emulateurs
02-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Fortunately I already had the emulator installed :-).
02-17-2015, 07:22 AM
(02-16-2015 06:30 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  My 35s has been stolen from my desk. Still hoping for its return, but either way it fulfilled its role as a bait to protect my valuable calculators

So far, that's the saddest thing I've heard this week... well, except for the latest 20 beheadings by ISIS and Egypt's counter strike from the air... who would 'steal' a calculator? --a fellow engineer? --a fellow mathematician? ... ok, maybe the guy who empties the waste baskets at night thought he could make an extra bucket with it on the black market... I mean on E-bay... hey, that reminds me, be checking E-bay (or Craig's List) for an almost-like-new HP35s hardly ben used...
;-)

... really sad (I'm serious, I'm getting emotional)

:-(

Kind regards,
marcus
02-17-2015, 07:39 AM
(02-17-2015 07:22 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  ... really sad (I'm serious, I'm getting emotional)
No need to, I'm nearly sure I know who (accidently) took it and think I'll get it back soon :-). Meanwhile I have the opportunity to program my backup calculator (the emulator).
02-17-2015, 12:53 PM
(02-17-2015 07:39 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  No need to, I'm nearly sure I know who (accidently) took it and think I'll get it back soon :-). Meanwhile I have the opportunity to program my backup calculator (the emulator).
Sbdy in the office had exactly the same glasses as me and my case would systematically disappear after each meeting in my office :-). Search for sbdy with the exact same (legit) 35s.
02-17-2015, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 03:57 PM by Jlouis.)
(02-17-2015 12:53 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 07:39 AM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  No need to, I'm nearly sure I know who (accidently) took it and think I'll get it back soon :-). Meanwhile I have the opportunity to program my backup calculator (the emulator).
Sbdy in the office had exactly the same glasses as me and my case would systematically disappear after each meeting in my office :-). Search for sbdy with the exact same (legit) 35s.

That's why I keep records of the s/n of all my calculators, incuding photos. I don't use them at work anymore, but once my 15c that I purchased in 1988 was stolen, I was very sad and decided to keep track of all of them.

My brother have a 11c stolen at office, many years ago. In a trip to USA, soon after, I bought a 42s for him, so he forgot his loss. But some time after, a fellow engineer of him was very happy that he had purchased a 11c for peanuts from other guy. My brother found it suspicious and told to the new owner his loss and gave him a piece of paper with his 11c s/n writen and asked if it matched with the 11c he had just purchased. It was identical. My brother gave him back the money he had paid and kept the calculator.
02-17-2015, 04:25 PM
It's back Big Grin.

The good news is that none of my colleagues is a thief. All my fault.

Looking at it I remember the excitement when I got it in 2007 :-).
02-17-2015, 04:28 PM
(02-17-2015 03:45 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  That's why I keep records of the s/n of all my calculators [...].
Mine is here ;-).
02-17-2015, 06:11 PM
(02-17-2015 04:25 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  It's back Big Grin.

Whoohoo! ... my faith is restored in humanity-! (or, at least part of humanity)

Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
02-17-2015, 06:59 PM
(02-17-2015 04:25 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  It's back Big Grin.

Guess what... Now we demand the full story!
02-17-2015, 07:26 PM
(02-17-2015 06:59 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Guess what... Now we demand the full story!
Oh dear ... I took it with me, left it in the car over the weekend and forgot about it completely. Even better - in the end I imagined I've lent it to someone. A series of drop-outs, caused by age and too much work. I'll take some hollidays asap.
02-17-2015, 08:19 PM
(02-17-2015 07:26 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 06:59 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Guess what... Now we demand the full story!
Oh dear ... I took it with me, left it in the car over the weekend and forgot about it completely. Even better - in the end I imagined I've lent it to someone. A series of drop-outs, caused by age and too much work. I'll take some hollidays asap.
BTW your granddaughter is still waiting for you on that motorway station... ;-)
02-18-2015, 06:03 AM
I knew I had two of them!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)