civil engineering software
02-14-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 03:25 PM by milena.)
civil engineering software
Does anyone know if there is some HP Prime software for structral analysis like FEM or Viga, or if there is a way to transfer that programs from HP 50G???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: civil engineering software
Unfortunately there is no programs like you are asking in the HP prime yet. I´m looking for them, too. The power of the HP prime would process the calculus quite fast, but nowadays there is no version for this calculator.
02-16-2015, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 10:43 AM by toperos.)
As Akmon said there are no programs like that for the HP Prime yet, and there is no way to transfer them from the HP 50G.
I'm a civil engineer student and I spent many hours looking for structural analysis programs and i couldn't find any.

For the subject "matrix calculation of structures" I needed some program that calculates the stiffness matrix of the beams and the structure; if not, it would be impossible to pass the subject. So I made my own spreadsheet where you introduce the characteristics of all the beams and you get the stiffness matrix of the beams; then in the spreadsheet you can assembly that matrix to get the stiffness matrix of the structure; once you have that it is easy to calculate the displacements and the forces on the beams.

If you think this spreadsheet I made could help you or anyone, I can share it.
02-16-2015, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 01:58 PM by milena.)
Toperos, it can be useful for me, thank you very much!
02-18-2015, 05:51 PM
I post it in the software section.
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3140.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)