Retain Menus
03-24-2016, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2016 01:29 AM by drk.)
Retain Menus
I just started using a HP Prime and have found one very annoying aspect that I just cant find the flag/setting to fix. When using the calculator in home mode (RPN of course), the selected menu clears after being used. It is not like the screen area is needed like on a small calculator - to the contrary, the menu touch points are left on the screen with no menu assigned to them. This is currently mainly affecting me in the units menu - but I have not branched into the other areas and programming as yet where I expect to have the same problem.

I also have not been able to find any overlaid menu functions for the units (neither shift menu item or long touch do anything different). This is very frustrating when coming from the very efficiently designed 48sx.

Does anyone know of a setting to keep the last menu active?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2016, 03:54 PM
RE: Retain Menus
I'm afraid there isn't.

/Lennart Börjeson
Stockholm, Sweden
03-25-2016, 03:32 PM
The Hp Prime is an algebraic graphing calculator that just happens to have an RPN mode for crunching numbers. I would advise you to relearn using this calculator in algebraic mode or consider buying an Hp 50G (now on sale) if you insist on maintaining your RPN usage. The Hp 50g is a direct descendant of the Hp 48G series. The Hp Prime is more of a descendant of the Hp 39/40G line of calculators that just happens to have an RPN mode. It certainly has an improved CAS over the Hp 50G and may ultimately have as good of units management, but it currently is much closer to a Casio or Ti in how it works and behaves. The units conversion is there, but is more like the Ti-89 in how it is used and implemented.
03-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Perhaps not the best response, but you could always create your own custom menu command. Bind it to the Menu key and then keep track of the history using a variable. Here's an example used for units:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-291...l#pid26657

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)