HP-41C ROM Port Cover
01-23-2015, 07:56 PM
HP-41C ROM Port Cover
Hi, Does anyone have a 3D model of the HP-41C ROM port cover? I'm looking to produce two to replace ones I have lost. I have access to a professional 3D printer.
Regards
Phil.
UK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2015, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015 12:17 AM by Jonathan Cameron.)
RE: HP-41C ROM Port Cover
(01-23-2015 07:56 PM)PhilG1300 Wrote:  Hi, Does anyone have a 3D model of the HP-41C ROM port cover? I'm looking to produce two to replace ones I have lost. I have access to a professional 3D printer.

Of you make any, I would like one.
-Jonathan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Google is your friend:
http://www.wamungo.com/PrintModel/Detail...11646bf110

BTW, is somebody working on a 3D model of the case?
01-24-2015, 02:45 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the link to the models a great help.
Regards
Phil
01-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Hi, I have designed a module case. (Shell)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1262299

Best regards
01-16-2016, 03:06 PM
(01-16-2016 10:33 AM)techniker82 Wrote:  Hi, I have designed a module case. (Shell)

With your permission I could add your module case to the Shapeways shop.

Dave
01-16-2016, 07:03 PM
No golden parts at all, ;(
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2016, 08:23 PM
(01-16-2016 10:33 AM)techniker82 Wrote:  Hi, I have designed a module case. (Shell)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1262299

Best regards

This is great! Now, if we could only 3-D print the connector. :-(

David Brunell
Houston, Texas
01-16-2016, 08:40 PM
(01-16-2016 03:06 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  

With your permission I could add your module case to the Shapeways shop.

Dave

Hi Dave, No, this module shell should be available for all people without costs accorded GNU licences.

Best wishes

Sven
01-16-2016, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2016 09:25 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(01-16-2016 08:40 PM)techniker82 Wrote:  
(01-16-2016 03:06 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  With your permission I could add your module case to the Shapeways shop.

Dave
No, this module shell should be available for all people without costs accorded GNU licences.

Parts sold through the shop are not marked up. The cost is only for materials and shipping.

Since the shop opened last summer, 106 items have been purchased. Smile

Thanks again to Nate and Hans for giving permission to share their models.

Dave
01-16-2016, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2016 11:38 PM by Guenter Schink.)
(01-16-2016 08:40 PM)techniker82 Wrote:  
(01-16-2016 03:06 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  With your permission I could add your module case to the Shapeways shop.

Dave

Hi Dave, No, this module shell should be available for all people without costs accorded GNU licences.

Best wishes

Sven

Sven,
I think this a misunderstanding of the GPL.

Citing from GPL 2.0 §11: "Each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free patent license under the contributor's essential patent claims, to make, use, sell, offer for sale, import and otherwise run, modify and propagate the contents of its contributor version."

This means that of course everybody may use a product licensed under the GPL to make money. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to sell e.g. various LINUXE's. Sellers only have to abide to the rules of the GPL. GPL products are used in a variety of commercial products, e.g. various routers, the majority of servers in the Internet world - and what have you.

In this specific case, Dave can simply use your work to offer the products based on your work, provided he does it mentioning your copyright under the GPL. So while he could simply do so, I guess he would feel better if you, after reviewing the GPL, would give your explicit consent.

Remember, GPL is not like "free beer"(*) but like "free speech"

HTH, Günter - but INAL

PS: More exhaustive explanation can be found here

2.PS: I once wrote an email to Angel with respect to his preface to the documentation of his fine work, mentioning that his wording is in contradiction to the GPL. Well I didn't receive an answer. But this again shows that it is absolutely necessary to carefully read the GPL, before publishing one's work under this license.

(*) For Geoff: "Weizenbier" included Smile
01-16-2016, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2016 08:00 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(01-16-2016 10:20 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  2.PS: I once wrote an email to Angel with respect to his preface to the documentation of his fine work, mentioning that his wording is in contradiction to the GPL. Well I didn't receive an answer. But this again shows that it is absolutely necessary to carefully read the GPL, before publishing one's work under this license.

Thank you. My contributions to the 41 platform are freeware and the more people copy, use, lift, quote, or simply are aware of them the better that'd meet the spirit and intent with which I made them. If that's called GNU or GPL I couldn't really know or even care much.

'AM
01-17-2016, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2016 09:29 AM by techniker82.)
(01-16-2016 09:24 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(01-16-2016 08:40 PM)techniker82 Wrote:  No, this module shell should be available for all people without costs accorded GNU licences.

Parts sold through the shop are not marked up. The cost is only for materials and shipping.

Since the shop opened last summer, 106 items have been purchased. Smile

Thanks again to Nate and Hans for giving permission to share their models.

Dave

Hi Dave

So I've got it wrong. Printed parts makes me happy. You can add the module case to the Shapeways shop ;-)

Everyone should easily access the part. That is my wish.

Because GPL yes you are right. Sorry, my English is not so good.

Best regards

Sven
01-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Very good. The new models are up on Shapeways.com/shops/hpparts.
01-17-2016, 09:11 PM
(01-16-2016 11:29 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(01-16-2016 10:20 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  2.PS: I once wrote an email to Angel with respect to his preface to the documentation of his fine work, mentioning that his wording is in contradiction to the GPL. Well I didn't receive an answer. But this again shows that it is absolutely necessary to carefully read the GPL, before publishing one's work under this license.

Thank you. My contributions to the 41 platform are freeware and the more people copy, use, lift, quote, or simply are aware of them the better that'd meet the spirit and intent with which I made them. If that's called GNU or GPL I couldn't really know or even care much.

'AM

Hi Ángel,
thanks for your answer. I'm not going to tell you how to license your work. My point is only that you have a statement about licence in your manuals that is ambiguous and will most probably not serve as you intended. For review here is again what I wrote you

Quote:Hi Ángel,

once again, when I read your manual for the HP16C emulator, I stumbled over the sentence "Published under the GNU software licence agreement"

Using Google, I haven't found anything like "GNU software licence agreement" Therefore I think your intention is to use the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE, aka GPL.

If so, I have some remarks:

1. You need to identify which Version you refer to. Is it Ver.2 or Ver.3 or any version at the users discretion?

2. You should give a reference, where the GPL can be found. E.G. GNU GPL V3

3. If I understand the license text correctly, your statement "No commercial usage of any kind is allowed" is in total contradiction to the GPL

4. I'm afraid your copyright note referring to "the GNU software licence agreement" doesn't mean anything in a legal sense

5. You should make yourself familiar with the license you intend to use.

No offense intended of course. I really admire your great ongoing efforts to keep the 41c going strong.

Specifically 3. is important: You can't rightfully use a "GNU License" and forbid any commercial use. I'm not going to argue about that. Rather I intended to make you aware of the mismatch. At last it's up to you, but don't be surprised if any ambiguity is exploited contrary to your intentions.

Günter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)