on TOS, need .rom files and not just .mod files for the 41CL
01-21-2015, 02:03 PM
on TOS, need .rom files and not just .mod files for the 41CL
Some of us don't do windows much :-) and the rom files from Angel and others are put on that site as .mod files while we need .rom files for the NoVRAM method of adding roms to the 41CL flash memory.

The curator of said TOS site (ha) has a .zip containing all of the roms that were on the site as of mid-2012, but it is missing those afterward.

Is there anyone here who has the ability and the time to make submissions to TOS of .rom files for the roms uploaded since 2012? Would save some of us who are not Windows users a lot of time and effort.

Help? :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: on TOS, need .rom files and not just .mod files for the 41CL
(01-21-2015 02:03 PM)Gene Wrote:  Some of us don't do windows much :-) and the rom files from Angel and others are put on that site as .mod files while we need .rom files for the NoVRAM method of adding roms to the 41CL flash memory.

The curator of said TOS site (ha) has a .zip containing all of the roms that were on the site as of mid-2012, but it is missing those afterward.

Is there anyone here who has the ability and the time to make submissions to TOS of .rom files for the roms uploaded since 2012? Would save some of us who are not Windows users a lot of time and effort.

Help? :-)

Hey Gene, Happy New Year.

How about running boot camp on your Macbook Pro?

I'll send you a free XP license if that's all you need. Sure, XP is old and not supported, but for doing stuff like this it's fine, and it takes less resources from OSX.

Just a thought...

--Bob Prosperi
01-21-2015, 05:48 PM
True, could do that, but ick. :-)

But in another sense, these roms are sent to TOS in a .mod form. I'm hoping they will be sent in the .rom format as well in the future.
01-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Looks like the curator at TOS has responded to you request. Smile
01-22-2015, 03:06 AM
His all rom file is for roms before 2012 or so. The large number of roms since then are still .mod rather than .rom format.

Close (in fact, I asked him for the .zip file he posted) but not quite what we need. :-)
01-22-2015, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 03:46 AM by Dave Frederickson.)
Hmmm. I tried extracting the ROMs from OSX_BS4X.mod and both the Windoze and command line versions of MODFile extracted three .rom files. The command line utility gave an error: File Open Failed: -AMC"OS/X.ROM

I would think you could use DOSBox and the command line utility to extract the ROMs.

In any case, if the latest ALLROMS file contains all the .MOD files you're looking for then it shouldn't take long to extract the ROMs.

Edit: The Windoze utility didn't give any errors. Here're the ROMs.

Dave
01-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Thanks Dave!

The .rom files I'm particularly interested in being available on TOS are those from *after* 2012. When Angel creates these great new roms, TOS ends up with the .mod file for them. Was hoping the .rom file could simply tag along. :-)
01-22-2015, 03:18 PM
(01-22-2015 01:17 PM)Gene Wrote:  The .rom files I'm particularly interested in being available on TOS are those from *after* 2012.

Those are the .rom files extracted from the .mod files dated 2012 thru 2015. If you can send me the missing .mod files I can extract the ROMs.
01-22-2015, 06:24 PM
My apologies!

I had seen the udpated rom file posting at TOS and thought that your file was the same. Mea Culpa!

Please send that list / file to the curator of TOS. :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)