HP Sponsored AP Calculus/Statistics Summer Institutes
01-08-2015, 05:09 PM
HP Sponsored AP Calculus/Statistics Summer Institutes
Hello,

Quote:"Join HP's expert teacher trainers for a 3-day AP Summer Institute of your choice of AP Statistics or AP Calculus to learn how the HP Prime Wireless Mathematics Solution can enhance your students' learning.

Complete the AP Summer Institute and receive a grant for your school of an HP Prime Class Kit ("Kit") with 30 wireless-enabled calculators (a $5,000 value)!"

AP Statistics Summer Institute, HP Campus Houston, TX on June 23-25
AP Calculus Summer Institute Miami, FL on July 7-9
AP Calculus Summer Institute Chicago, IL on July 14-16
AP Statistics Summer Institute San Diego, CA on July 28-30

Information and Registration info

[Image: terminalpic.jpg]

I honestly can't even say how many times people have told me "why doesn't HP get into textbooks or do any sort of teacher training things?" The answer is... we are! There just wasn't any HP unit that had the capability to capture both educators and students the way Prime has been. There will be some really great things happening this year. Smile

If you are not an educator but know someone who might be interested, feel free to forward them on the information.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: HP Sponsored AP Calculus/Statistics Summer Institutes
Stats and calculus are taught in college, too. Why stop at high schools when you can encourage colleges and universities to adopt as well. When high school students start to see that their high school calculator remains useful in college, then it is yet another incentive to buy the calculator. That is why TI has such a strong hold in the US.

I hope the marketing folks at HP also put as much resources in getting college/university adoption as they do at the high school level.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
01-09-2015, 05:17 AM
I teach at a small college in northern NM. So these seminars are not for me? This calculator could really help solve the high level of "math illiteracy" that I deal with.
01-09-2015, 05:30 AM
(01-09-2015 05:17 AM)mbeddo Wrote:  I teach at a small college in northern NM. So these seminars are not for me? This calculator could really help solve the high level of "math illiteracy" that I deal with.

Well, I know they are targeting AP Calc/Stats specifically with this set, but it doesn't hurt to apply if you are interested!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Hi Tim,

great news and good to hear but PLEASE don't forget all the loyal HP fans in Europe in general and Germany in particular.

Best regards

Karl
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Great news Tim. I passed this on to my son's high school math teacher.

Keep up the good work!
01-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Can somebody enlighten me about what is the HP Prime Class Kit? Is it a new software coming out or is it just a bundle of the calculator with various accessories?

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2015, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 08:30 AM by Simone Cerica.)
(01-12-2015 04:44 AM)Kevin Ouellet Wrote:  Can somebody enlighten me about what is the HP Prime Class Kit? Is it a new software coming out or is it just a bundle of the calculator with various accessories?

HP Prime Wireless Kit - Data sheet
http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx...132ENW.pdf

HP Prime Wireless Kit's promotional marketing video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTcMxVcCBGY
02-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Have they sent out acceptance notices? I was hoping to go to this but haven't heard anything back from when I registered.
02-24-2015, 08:41 AM
(01-09-2015 08:01 AM)Karl-Ludwig Butte Wrote:  Hi Tim,

great news and good to hear but PLEASE don't forget all the loyal HP fans in Europe in general and Germany in particular.

Best regards

Karl

Hi Karl,

Don't worry about this! Our first HP Prime event will be in London next month and Germany will for sure follow!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)