HP15C
12-12-2022, 01:40 PM
HP15C
Hi All

As brand new to this thread I hope that some knowledge can be imparted on me as I have in my possession an HP15C which is fully functional in generally good condition but with one LCD issue.

The issue I have (as can hopefully be viewed in uploaded pics) is that it seems either "smokey" or "misty". Having read some online thread it may be that the coating has been perished over the years of use or sunlight or cleaning or a bit of both?

Ideally I would love to open it and look to see what could be done.....even to the extent of having it sent to be recoated or even a new coated perspex....I am unsure of how to fix this problem so please excuse my ignorance if the suggestions are a non starter.

I would be prepared to send this anywhere in order to get a fix to my satisfaction

Thanks for any advice

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2022, 02:41 PM
RE: HP15C
You must remove the display bezel, with a spatule and some isopropilic alchool. It's not that easy, but can be done.
Once you get it out, you can access the display cover. As time passed, it begans to flake off (?).

You just need a piece of good transparent plastic (acrylic) or the old CD box to cut off a piece.
Replace the old cover and put everything back, with the help of double face tape

You can also sander the aluminium bezel and apply a varnish. It will be like new!

Best wishes!
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)