Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ?
12-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ?
It's getting close. Whereas the official MSRP of the Prime is $20 more than the 50g, street pricing of the Prime has been dropping steadily, but the 50g has been increasing lately. I just checked prices on Amazon and the Prime is selling for $94.99, whereas the 50g is $92.17. At this rate, it won't be long before the Prime loses it's top ranking in the HP calculator heirarchy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: Will the Prime cost less than the 50g some day ?
I think th Prime price´s drop is because they want to sell A hardware version, no longer available. It´s an outdated hardware not suitable for conectivity with some HP stuff, (althought it´s a good deal if you´re ot going to use those products).

The C version remains more expensive, 120-150 €.
12-27-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2014 02:19 AM by Michael de Estrada.)
(12-27-2014 08:03 PM)akmon Wrote:  I think th Prime price´s drop is because they want to sell A hardware version, no longer available. It´s an outdated hardware not suitable for conectivity with some HP stuff, (althought it´s a good deal if you´re ot going to use those products).

The C version remains more expensive, 120-150 €.

Except that the C hardware version is not currently being sold in the USA, so I don't see it being a reason for the drop in prices here.
12-30-2014, 01:05 AM
(12-27-2014 08:15 PM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  Except that the C hardware version is not currently being sold in the USA, so I don't see it being reason for the drop in prices here.

I would guess they probably want to at some point so that would make sense to me.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-31-2014, 07:47 AM
So I just recently purchased my HP Prime. How do I know which version hardware I have. Also, will this mean that my Prime will not work well in the future. I totally love it.
12-31-2014, 09:47 AM
The hardware version is displayed in the help system.
Try 'Help' -> 'Tree'-Button -> first entry 'About HP Prime' -> OK
The first version shows 'Hardware Version: A'
The second (?) version 'Hardware version: C'
12-31-2014, 09:57 AM
The hardware 'A' has a limitation is the connectivity with other devices like the datastreamer.
If you don't need to use this device, your Prime is perfect.

Giancarlo
01-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Well, it's now a reality. The lowest price for the Prime is stiil $94.99 from Amazon, but the lowest price for the HP50g including shipping from Samson Cables has risen to $95.48, and Amazon is now asking for $98.93. So, maybe there's some market backlash here from people disappointed with the Prime and still appreciating the greatness of the older designs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)