IRC Chat?
03-18-2023, 12:46 AM
IRC Chat?
Hi

Are there any HP specific IRC chat rooms/server still operating?

There are some for TI and Casio Calculators but have not seen anything HP specific..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2023, 03:12 PM
RE: IRC Chat?
I didn't find any using this search: https://netsplit.de/channels/?chat=hp+calculator

However different keywords might find something.

Try CC41!
03-18-2023, 08:03 PM
Hi Craig, thank you

I'll have a look
03-18-2023, 10:44 PM
The nice thing about IRC is if there isn't a channel, just /join and create one. Smile

Not sure what the popular networks are these days, but I think EFNet is still going. Or if you want to be new-fangled, just set up a Discord server. (The group I chat with about video games and other nonsense moved to Discord, otherwise I'd still be active on EFNet with them.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2023, 10:00 AM
(03-18-2023 10:44 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  The nice thing about IRC is if there isn't a channel, just /join and create one. Smile

Not sure what the popular networks are these days, but I think EFNet is still going. Or if you want to be new-fangled, just set up a Discord server. (The group I chat with about video games and other nonsense moved to Discord, otherwise I'd still be active on EFNet with them.)
There is a discord server for calculators and it does have a channel, for hp calculators. There is not much traffic there, but yeah if anyone is interested let me know and I will publish the details.
03-26-2023, 07:45 AM
(03-20-2023 10:00 AM)nickapos Wrote:  There is a discord server for calculators and it does have a channel, for hp calculators. There is not much traffic there, but yeah if anyone is interested let me know and I will publish the details.

That would be great if you could. thank you.
03-26-2023, 12:42 PM
Post details here - I may just join and see what happens...

(03-20-2023 10:00 AM)nickapos Wrote:  
(03-18-2023 10:44 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  The nice thing about IRC is if there isn't a channel, just /join and create one. Smile

There is a discord server for calculators and it does have a channel, for hp calculators. There is not much traffic there, but yeah if anyone is interested let me know and I will publish the details.

Mike T.

HP21, HP25, HP32E, HP33C, HP34C, HP10C, HP11C, HP12C, HP32S, HP22S
03-26-2023, 04:03 PM
The #hp48 channel on EFNet is still online. Activity is very quiet in recent years, but there are still a bunch of people idling.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2023, 04:27 PM
(03-26-2023 12:42 PM)Mike T. Wrote:  Post details here - I may just join and see what happens...

(03-20-2023 10:00 AM)nickapos Wrote:  There is a discord server for calculators and it does have a channel, for hp calculators. There is not much traffic there, but yeah if anyone is interested let me know and I will publish the details.

The discord server is called calcverse.
Here is an invitation for anyone interested https://discord.gg/JjUk7gyu
Not sure how long this link will be valid though.
03-26-2023, 06:16 PM
I wonder if anyone has kept track of the various ways calculator enthusiasts communicate. Other than IRC, I remember the comp.sys.handhelds newsgroup (and I think another specifically for the HP48) as well as a calculator related ham net on 40m.
03-27-2023, 04:19 AM
(03-26-2023 06:16 PM)John Garza (3665) Wrote:  I wonder if anyone has kept track of the various ways calculator enthusiasts communicate. Other than IRC, I remember the comp.sys.handhelds newsgroup (and I think another specifically for the HP48) as well as a calculator related ham net on 40m.

Nice, I did not know about the ham net. Quite unexpected
03-27-2023, 08:50 PM
(03-26-2023 04:27 PM)nickapos Wrote:  The discord server is called calcverse.
Here is an invitation for anyone interested https://discord.gg/JjUk7gyu
Not sure how long this link will be valid though.

It seems to be expired, but you can get an invitation by clicking on the big "Join us on Discord" button on the Calcverse wiki main page.

— Ian Abbott

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)