New Version: 2014.1203
12-02-2014, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 06:26 PM by Tim Wessman.)
New Version: 2014.1203
Hello,

[EDIT 2] New build is up. Only two differences between them as given by this line:
Quote:0. Resolved issue with x^2 key in RPN and potential problem with app deletion.

[EDIT] Removed temporarily.

Check for update and you will most likely see and update for the calculator firmware, connkit, and virtual calculator. If that doesn't work because you are behind a firewall or something, The HP Prime FTP Site.

Please do not ask when/if/what future updates will come out. That is information that cannot be given.

Quote:Date Released: 2014/12/03

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: 2014 12 03 (6975)
Virtual Calculator Version: 2014 12 03 (6975)
Connectivity Kit: 2014 12 03 (6975)

Have fun!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2014, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 06:25 PM by alexzkter.)
RE: New Version: 2014.1124
Cool!

But may I ask what the change-log is ?
12-02-2014, 06:27 PM
(12-02-2014 06:19 PM)alexzkter Wrote:  Cool!

But may I ask what the change-log is ?

In the firmware zip file where it always has been. I just figured a giant thing at the top of the first post might not be appreciated.

TW

12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Hello,
During my update of 2014.1124 through connkit I had an communication failure
(possible a loose cable). This resulted in loss of any calculator function. I tried the reset with paperclip several times which gets me to the splash screen X^2+Y^2=1 and that is it. Nothing else. Have I managed to fry my HP Prime?
12-02-2014, 09:40 PM
That's great!
I backed up my unit, upgraded it, and restored the backup. But all my CAS functions are gone from the Program Lisr. They are still there listed in the Variables. Is there a way to make them show up in the Program list (Shift-[1])?
12-02-2014, 10:16 PM
(12-02-2014 09:33 PM)Daniel Wrote:  Have I managed to fry my HP Prime?

No. Plug in the cable, hold down SYMB, press the paperclip while continuing to hold SYMB. It will now be in update mode. Open the connkit if not open, it will detect it and ask you to update again.

TW

12-02-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 10:35 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(12-02-2014 09:40 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  are gone from the Program Lisr. They are still there listed in the Variables. Is there a way to make them show up in the Program list (Shift-[1])?

CAS objects no longer will show up in the program catalog. Unfortunately, as there really was no distinction between a simple "function" and a much more complicated one there was no way to automate that process. If you have CAS functions that should remain around and are not just temporary functions, you should move them over to use the new #cas #end in a program file. Try to make a "CAS program" from the catalog and you will see the new way to do it. Doing this means that your comments in the CAS functions won't be lost, they can be edited in the conn kit, you can't accidentally delete them and have them permanently gone, and they behave more like the other "program" source files, etc. You can even mix them in with the normal exported function variables.

Basically, anything within #cas #end is executed/parsed by the CAS parser on source compile or check. Thus doing this for example is now perfectly valid:

Code:

#cas
f(x):=x^2;
#end

EXPORT test()
BEGIN
  f(3);
END;

TW

12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Thank you Tim,
The reset routine worked great!!
12-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Here is a crash report of the ConnKit.

Attached File(s)
.txt  conkit_crash.txt (Size: 21.86 KB / Downloads: 54)

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
12-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Thank you Tim.
Some of my CAS programs from the backup show up in [Var][All]. But some entries in there are empty (no name, or just a '?'). Is there a way of deleting them? I tried [del] but the empty spaces are still there (with nothing in them).
12-03-2014, 01:20 AM
restart() will (should?) clear them all out and reset CAS stuff. However, that will cause things to be lost if you don't have them elsewhere.

TW

12-03-2014, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 06:01 AM by Kevin Ouellet.)
Yay! Nice to see a new version out. Smile I'll install this one soon. Hopefully my old programs still work, though.

EDIT: FATAL bugs (hardware revision A):

-The first time I tried to update the calc firmware, I got stuck on some weird Welcome screen in every language. I had to press ON+Symb to get out.
-Pressing the Memory menu crashes the calculator and makes it reboot, so it is no longer accessible. I tried reinstalling the firmware, to no avail.
-The emulator updater fails (it either errors out at the end of it gets stuck during update). I had to download a copy from the FTP.
-When I finally got to update the emulator successfully, it got stuck on the Wilkomen/Welcome/Bienvenue screen with a lock on it. The only way to get past it was to restart the emulator.

EDIT: It turns out that deleting Trailblazer and BRICKS fixed the memory menu. >.<

7.69 MB memory
196.48 MB storage space. I have 1.26 MB worth of programs and 89 KB of apps.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2014, 02:39 AM
(12-03-2014 02:00 AM)Kevin Ouellet Wrote:  Yay! Nice to see a new version out. Smile I'll install this one soon. Hopefully my old programs still work, though.

EDIT: FATAL bugs (hardware revision A):

-The first time I tried to update the calc firmware, I got stuck on some weird Welcome screen in every language. I had to press ON+Symb to get out.
-Pressing the Memory menu crashes the calculator and makes it reboot, so it is no longer accessible. I tried reinstalling the firmware, to no avail.
-The emulator updater fails (it either errors out at the end of it gets stuck during update). I had to download a copy from the FTP.
-When I finally got to update the emulator successfully, it got stuck on the Wilkomen/Welcome/Bienvenue screen with a lock on it. The only way to get past it was to restart the emulator.

That's the "welcome" screen. Prior to updating the firmware, you should have seen a little warning that says you need to create a backup because it will reset the system. This means after successfully installing the firmware, you will be shown the initial power-on screen. That's the "lock" screen. Simply drag the lock as shown by the animation.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-03-2014, 03:23 AM
I'm going to post that here too to increase the chances of devs. seeing it Smile

----

The nice update has been discussed on tiplanet too (this topic, and some feedback/bug reports especially there too - I think google translator should do fine for this, nothing too fancy, and feel free to post in English there if needed) but I'd like to remind you (or maybe to let you know if you didn't know about it) that the sequence initial rank starting at 0 (the Prime wants 1 or more) is a very critical missing feature for French education, so could you pleeeease look into this for the next update ? Smile

(I'm not personally affected by this anymore, but many French students (maybe other europeans particularly too) would be grateful for that !)

----

TI-Planet.org co-administrator
12-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Hello,
I updated the three software without any issue.
The number of bug fixes is very long. I can start playing :+)

Giancarlo
12-03-2014, 07:39 AM
hello
The connectivity kit and the Prime emulator refuse to install on my PC with Vista.
12-03-2014, 07:54 AM
(12-03-2014 07:39 AM)Tyann Wrote:  hello
The connectivity kit and the Prime emulator refuse to install on my PC with Vista.

Without knowing the refusal message is dificult to know the causes.
However, I would try to install the software using a full admin rights user account.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

12-03-2014, 08:03 AM
I have tested it on Windows 8 64 bit.
I have run the previous releases of both my HP Connectivity Kit and the Virtual Calculator and both proposed the upgrade.
Installation run without any issues.

However, if you had program shortcuts in the desktop, you will need to delete them and create new ones from the Start menus (the old shortcuts contains invalid arguments).

I do not have my Prime with me during this week here in Brussels, so I can not test it.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

12-03-2014, 09:30 AM
(12-02-2014 10:16 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 09:33 PM)Daniel Wrote:  Have I managed to fry my HP Prime?

No. Plug in the cable, hold down SYMB, press the paperclip while continuing to hold SYMB. It will now be in update mode. Open the connkit if not open, it will detect it and ask you to update again.

Is there any way to do a completely manual update this way? I only have Macs, and AFAIK the only way for me to do an update is to put the Prime in Update Mode as described, then fire up a virtual Windows machine where I have the connectivity kit installed, connect the Prime, then run the "Updater.exe" (NOT the Connectivity Kit!).

This is rather cumbersome. Since I'm guessing the Updater.exe just pushes some files onto the Prime (which acts as a USB drive in the update mode), I'm hoping there must be some way of doing this manually. In the absence of a native Mac Connectivity Kit, I'd much rather prefer a manual method. A virtual Windows costs rather much in terms of disk space (not to mention money), and the Updater.exe is currently my only reason for running Windows at all. Please?
12-03-2014, 11:55 AM
I run both the conn kit and the emulator in a Parallels virtual machine with XP. The firmware update works fine in this configuration without any special tricks. A Mac version of the software would be fine, nonetheless.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)