Best way to save several tables
11-25-2014, 12:27 PM
Best way to save several tables
I am looking for advice which could be the optimal way to save data that is basically composed of real numbers taken from standards and/or vendors catalog.

That data is basically static and not need to change (only very eventually).

Saving in an spreadsheet could be an option, but then what happen to that data when need to use the spreadsheet for other purposes.

Saving the data en matrix or list is another option.

Which is recommended?. For example a typical table will have 6 columns * 30 rows.

Your comments are appreciated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: Best way to save several tables
Setup a SAVED custom Spreadsheet then enter your table into it.

Highlight Spreadsheet app, press Save and give it a custom name. Then just fill in the sheet.
11-25-2014, 03:40 PM
(11-25-2014 12:37 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Setup a SAVED custom Spreadsheet then enter your table into it.

Highlight Spreadsheet app, press Save and give it a custom name. Then just fill in the sheet.

Yup, this is the way to go. You can create saved copied of any application, and all the data inside it and the program/note that is associated with it will go along.

This would be how to create for example specific equation libraries for certain topics for example.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks @TW & @CR for your quick support.
I tested the solution and works perfect. However, I noticed that the new spreadsheet (table) shows in the program catalog with the new saved name.
As the number of SS increase this catalog will become very crowded.
It is any way to create folders in program catalog, to made possible to organise the apps?.

Regards
FR
11-25-2014, 04:49 PM
It is possible to store a matrix in each cell of a spreadsheet and access the data from programs or command line. That way all your tables would be in one spreadsheet as named cells.

Entering the name brings the matrix in the command line, but I haven't confirmed whether the individual data elements can be accessed without bringing in the entire matrix. I'll check later . . ..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2014, 12:14 AM
(11-25-2014 04:27 PM)riestraf Wrote:  I tested the solution and works perfect. However, I noticed that the new spreadsheet (table) shows in the program catalog with the new saved name.

That is the paired program file with your active application. There will only be one at a time that corresponds to the running app.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)