strange problem
11-08-2014, 05:46 AM
strange problem
I just got a new Prime. It only turns on when there is power going to it through the USB. If I unplug the USB the calc turns off. I tried the charge the battery for 4 hours first.

This is my 2nd Prime and I have no issues like this with my other. I'm thinking the battery in the new one is dead maybe?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 06:00 AM
RE: strange problem
An easy way to test that hypothesis is to swap their batteries.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Ya...want to try that...just need to find a tiny screwdriver.

I found someone else with the same issue. His fix did not work for me.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators...F20RMn4Jvq
11-08-2014, 07:22 PM
mystery solved....NO BATTERY!!

grrr
11-09-2014, 04:50 AM
How did you get one with no battery? Someone mail it across the ocean or something?

Note a Galaxy S3 battery with fit right in there... with about 600mah more too.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-09-2014, 05:10 AM
It was mailed across the ocean. It looks like the package was opened. Maybe it was removed. Are their restrictions with mailing batteries?

Anyways....I see that the Samsung S3 battery will work....so I will be getting one.
11-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Well, that explains it. It is a very common misunderstanding that a lot of people and businesses have. Loose batteries not inside products can not be shipped. Batteries inside products are definitely shippable, and in fact is the recommended way of shipping them. You can't have batteries above a certain size, but nothing in the size range of a laptop or simple phone/calculator qualifies.

Just make sure it is a ""standard" s3 battery and not one of the double thickness extended ones. Those definitely won't fit in the calc.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-09-2014, 09:56 AM
This interesting thread makes me asking to myself -and I would like to read your advices- this question:
Nowadays you can grab a Samsung battery replacement at a bargain Price.
Do you think it deserves buying one now and keeping it when the Prime´s battery lacks its perfomance? Or these batteries will be available in the market for many years?

By the way , what do you think of this battery? Same size that the original:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Extended-Sli...1514495327
11-09-2014, 02:58 PM
(11-09-2014 05:10 AM)tgallo Wrote:  It was mailed across the ocean. It looks like the package was opened. Maybe it was removed. Are their restrictions with mailing batteries?

Anyways....I see that the Samsung S3 battery will work....so I will be getting one.

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that international shipping to/from various countries often require the removal of batteries (likely to prevent product damage from leaks or in worse cases, explosions, etc). There were likely recent changes to the IATA that affect the shipping of batteries.

Still, I find it strange they would open your package and remove the battery.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)