Features.h options
10-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Features.h options
I want to modify the way to enter a fraction using double dot like the HP32SII.

So I uncommented #define INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS in Features.h file and compile the firmware.

I was wondering why I didn't notice any modification in the emulator.

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I noticed that in a previous version of display.c file there was a block of code about DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS wich has disappeared in the latest version.

Thank you,

Patrick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Features.h options
(10-27-2014 11:25 PM)mendesp Wrote:  I want to modify the way to enter a fraction using double dot like the HP32SII.

So I uncommented #define INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS in Features.h file and compile the firmware.

I was wondering why I didn't notice any modification in the emulator.

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I noticed that in a previous version of display.c file there was a block of code about DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS wich has disappeared in the latest version.

Thank you,

Patrick

I haven't downloaded the latest firmware for a couple of months so I can't confirm that there has been a change but I shall check later today. If the doubledot_fractions code has gone I can let you have a patch for it!

Nigel (UK)
10-30-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is. I've updated to the latest version (3380) and compiled; I do get double-dot entry for fractions in the emulator. I've compared my display.c file with the one from sourceforge and nothing is missing. Some blocks previously named INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS are now called PRETTY_FRACTION_ENTRY but that shouldn't be a problem - in features.h the latter is defined as true if INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS is true.

In fact, I've used svn diff to compare all of my local code files with those from sourceforge and no code is missing. So if it works for me, it should work for you!

I don't know what to suggest. Does anyone have any ideas?

Nigel (UK)
10-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Thank you, Nigel, for your help. I've downloaded the display.c file from r3680 trunk with a commit number of r3676 ( I don't what this number means...). I'm a little confused, I tought I have to download files in the same version number.

Can I use the 3380 version of display.c file with 3680 files ?

Thanks,

Patrick
10-31-2014, 07:53 PM
(10-31-2014 01:40 PM)mendesp Wrote:  Can I use the 3380 version of display.c file with 3680 files ?
The version number of a file tells you when this file was last modified. To make sure you get the most recent version, use an SVN client like Tortoise SVN to download and update your source tree.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
10-31-2014, 09:32 PM
(10-31-2014 01:40 PM)mendesp Wrote:  Can I use the 3380 version of display.c file with 3680 files ?

You could try, no guarantees it will even compile, let alone work. Especially that far apart.

- Pauli
10-31-2014, 09:53 PM
I think I'll leave it as is. If someone ever bring this option back to the files, I'll update my WP34s.

Anyways, it's a fantastic calculator as is.

Thanks for your help.
11-01-2014, 12:25 PM
(10-31-2014 09:53 PM)mendesp Wrote:  I think I'll leave it as is. If someone ever bring this option back to the files, I'll update my WP34s.

Anyways, it's a fantastic calculator as is.

Thanks for your help.

Don't give up!

I've downloaded the v3680 code afresh from scratch and made only two changes to it: the thing that needs to be done to wp34s_ams.pl to make it work (described in the notes that you've already read) and uncommenting #define INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS in features.h. Compiling the code gave me a windows emulator in which double-dot fraction entry works just fine.

Are you using a proper svn client to download the code? I use the svn command-line tool and I checked out all the files, not just the code ones. The command I used was
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/wp34s/code/ wp34s-code-test/
(replace the final folder name with wherever you want your code to go).

If it works for me, it should work for you!

Nigel (UK)
11-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Ok, Nigel, I'll start from sratch, reinstall everything using svn and I'll let you know what happened later on today or tomorrow.

Thanks again.
11-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Before going any further, could you confirm that I do the right thing in copying the file wp34s-lib, generated in realbuild folder by Makelib, to windows\bin folder ? I then opened Wp34sgui file to run the emulator.

Thanks,

Patrick
11-01-2014, 05:47 PM
(11-01-2014 03:55 PM)mendesp Wrote:  Before going any further, could you confirm that I do the right thing in copying the file wp34s-lib, generated in realbuild folder by Makelib, to windows\bin folder ? I then opened Wp34sgui file to run the emulator.

Thanks,

Patrick

I've never done this as I have never used these features in the windows emulator. However, copying this file across as you do doesn't cause any problems. If the file isn't copied a more-or-less empty version of it is generated when the emulator is run.

Then I start the emulator by opening wp34sgui.exe.

Nigel (UK)
11-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I finally restarted from scratch using svn command line provided by Nigel with no success.

I added a program in the library, removed TVM. I can compile the bins without any error. I can see the new program in the catalogue of the calculator and the emulator, but if I key in 3 . . 4, all I get is 3 0/4.

I've uncommented the line #define INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS in features.h, applied the modifications in files as suggested by Nigel, it doesn't work...

I even tried to uncomment the line #define INCLUDE_CASIO_SEPARATOR, it doesn't work either. There must be an issue somewhere in my installation. I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick
11-06-2014, 05:37 PM
(11-04-2014 06:03 PM)mendesp Wrote:  I finally restarted from scratch using svn command line provided by Nigel with no success.

I added a program in the library, removed TVM. I can compile the bins without any error. I can see the new program in the catalogue of the calculator and the emulator, but if I key in 3 . . 4, all I get is 3 0/4.

I've uncommented the line #define INCLUDE_DOUBLEDOT_FRACTIONS in features.h, applied the modifications in files as suggested by Nigel, it doesn't work...

I even tried to uncomment the line #define INCLUDE_CASIO_SEPARATOR, it doesn't work either. There must be an issue somewhere in my installation. I just can't find it.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

Sorry that it doesn't work. I really don't understand - as you say, your installation must be broken in some way. Your compiler might be reading a different features.h from the one that you are editing. Or something.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Nigel (UK)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)