Entry line Matrix editing
10-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Entry line Matrix editing
Is it (is) or is it (is not) able to insert a row in a matrix on the ENTRY LINE BEFORE the first row?

The virtual calc Help|User Guide suggests I can make any size matrix, but it offered no suggestion on how to increase a matrix before element (1,1).

Example: Entry line contains --> [[1,2,3],[9,8,7]]
append this --> [0,0,0]
making it thus --> [[0,0,0],[1,2,3],[9,8,7]]

+/- doesn't seem to do 'before row' editing.

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: Entry line Matrix editing
(10-16-2014 10:57 AM)DrD Wrote:  Is it (is) or is it (is not) able to insert a row in a matrix on the ENTRY LINE BEFORE the first row?

+/- doesn't seem to do 'before row' editing.

Yes: use the [×] key instead of [+] when the cursor is on the ± symbol at the top of the last column (or at the beginning of the bottom row).

[+] inserts row/column AFTER current one.
[×] inserts row/column BEFORE current one.
[-] deletes current row/column.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-16-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Entry line Matrix editing
O I C,

One can use the [X] key while using the (virtual or Prime) keypads; or use the '*' key, if using the computer keyboard, to insert a row before a row, thanks, that's good to know!

I must've tried a thousand things, all of which failed miserably. I've re-read page 467 of the User Guide too many times, and that tidbit sure escapes my eyes. (Thanks would go to the author / proof-readers if they would actually put it there.)

You have been most helpful, kind sir! I should be forced to poke [X] into a matrix 100 times on the black-screen to help me remember!

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)