Beginner Questions
10-25-2022, 08:04 PM
RE: Beginner Questions
(10-25-2022 05:49 PM)Carissa Wrote:  Hey there,

long time no see!
Many things changed, Michael got transferred to a medium security prison.

He wants me to ask the following:

Where do I get a new OS for my HP Prime?

Greets
Sabrina and Michael

Many things have changed at HP too since they have now transferred calculator sales to two licensee companies, one of which (Moravia Consulting in the Czech Republic) is now responsible for firmware and connection kit development on the HP Prime.

Things are still in a state of flux although new releases are being worked on. The last releases from HP in December 2021 are still the latest. Because things are still in a state of flux with Moravia's servers, probably the best place to download the 2021 release is from Eric Rechlin's site: hpcalc.org. Here are some relevant download page links on hpcalc.org:

Note that the connectivity kit normally downloads the HP Prime firmware by itself if it has Internet access, but it is possible for the connectivity kit to use manually downloaded firmware if it is extracted to the correct directories. On Windows, the user's "Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG1" and "Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware\PrimeG2" respectively for the HP Prime G1 and G2 firmware. (I've no idea where to put the firmware on an Apple Mac. Sorry!)

— Ian Abbott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2022, 03:20 AM
RE: Beginner Questions
(10-25-2022 08:04 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  I've no idea where to put the firmware on an Apple Mac. Sorry!

It's the same:
Code:

/Users/<username>/Documents/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware/PrimeG1

/Users/<username>/Documents/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware/PrimeG2

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)