Algebra/text book Curiosity
10-01-2014, 03:17 AM
Algebra/text book Curiosity
Maybe curiosity killed the cat but as seen in the attached screen shot when you press enter when the command line is empty it repeats the answer on the right. Am I missing the usefulness of this or is it a bug or is just that the enter buttons needs to do something?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 04:22 AM
RE: Algebra/text book Curiosity
(10-01-2014 03:17 AM)Dougggg Wrote:  Maybe curiosity killed the cat but as seen in the attached screen shot when you press enter when the command line is empty it repeats the answer on the right. Am I missing the usefulness of this or is it a bug or is just that the enter buttons needs to do something?

Try something more interesting than a static expression, perhaps something like Ans*1.1 or 1/RANDOM. Whatever expression you type gets re-executed every time you press Enter, so the result can change with each press.

Tangentially related warning about Ans: In Home, Ans will always equal the result most recently calculated in Home, even if you have deleted it from the history. In CAS, however, Ans is always equal to the bottom-most history item, regardless of whether it is the most recent result or not. So deleting the bottom item usually changes Ans in CAS but never changes it in Home. This is not documented anywhere, so keep it in mind when you use Ans or you'll get unexpected results.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2014, 04:48 AM
Thanks that could be useful with an expression I didnt think of that
10-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Also, Home uses the same Ans(n) notation as Algebraic mode on the 50g to refer to previous answers, such as Ans(2) to refer to the 2nd to last answer.

-wes

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)