MY FIRST VOYAGER!!
09-18-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2014 06:44 PM by aurelio.)
MY FIRST VOYAGER!!
Got my first personal voyager, a HP11C.
I used this model just a few times many years ago, but never mine, shared with colleagues on the job.

Now I've checked it works perfectly and it's generally in excellent shape, apart a few scratches on the bezel around the display.
What's the better way to remove them......or, better to leave it "as is" and live in peace Smile ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: MY FIRST VOYAGER!!
Congratulations - an HP-11C is a very nice calc for real world problems. Enjoy! Smile And I'd leave the few scratches as they are: they are part of the history of your 11C.

d:-)
09-19-2014, 06:41 AM
(09-18-2014 05:27 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Got my first personal voyager, a HP11C.
I used this model just a few times many years ago, but never mine, shared with colleagues on the job.

Congratulations!

I also have my first voyager (15c LE) in its way home. I cannot wait to have it here!
09-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Lucky you!
I'm trying to get one as well to join my HP-15C, but the asking prices in TAS are stratospheric. One's have to be really patient and wait for the good opportunity.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

09-19-2014, 11:52 PM

Now I've checked it works perfectly and it's generally in excellent shape, apart a few scratches on the bezel around the display.
What's the better way to remove them......or, better to leave it "as is" and live in peace Smile ?

The HP 11C is a collector's item. I would probably leave it "as is" unless the scratches are really bad.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-20-2014, 04:55 AM
One chapter of Geoff book should be dedicated to the voyager.
In a thread some years ago he showed how to restore the bezel of his damaged unit. So i think it will be part of the repair bible.

It was on TOF (the old forum) :+) just to add another acronim.

here

I hope it helps,

Giancarlo
09-20-2014, 06:05 AM
Grazie! Thanks for recalling that. Can't wait to get the bible ...

(09-20-2014 04:55 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  It was on TOF (the old forum) :+) just to add another acronim.

Attenzione! You're on a dangerous track. An inhabitant of GOC may call that acronym 'balderdash', you may try to defend it, and guess who will be thrown in the dungeon?

d:-/
09-20-2014, 06:59 AM
(09-20-2014 04:55 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  One chapter of Geoff book should be dedicated to the voyager.
In a thread some years ago he showed how to restore the bezel of his damaged unit. So i think it will be part of the repair bible.

It was on TOF (the old forum) :+) just to add another acronim.

here

I hope it helps,

Giancarlo
really a good link Giancarlo, I missed that post!

Geoff there are no words to descibe your works.......and your skill!
Actually my bezel looks not like the H10c's in the pictures, I have only a few light scratches. But I read that you replaced it with a donor's one, after a brush work..
How could I remove the bezel without to destroy the calculator?
09-20-2014, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 08:51 AM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
Quote:I am hoping to have this ready for HCC2009 but we shall see if life gets in the way.

Ahem... life, please, get a little out of the way, just a bit, please...

Big Grin

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)