Today's posts vs Today's updates
09-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Today's posts vs Today's updates
Would it be possible to add in a "Today's updates" to aggregate posts that have been edited and updated? Posts that get updated are often overlooked and are not (to my knowledge) considered a "post" when using "View Today's posts" or "View New Posts." This is particularly useful in the software library subforums, or articles subforums. Usually, there are updates to the first post, and unless the original author changes the title, it may not be obvious that changes had been made.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Today's posts vs Today's updates
(09-18-2014 04:29 AM)Han Wrote:  Would it be possible to add in a "Today's updates" to aggregate posts that have been edited and updated? Posts that get updated are often overlooked and are not (to my knowledge) considered a "post" when using "View Today's posts" or "View New Posts." This is particularly useful in the software library subforums, or articles subforums. Usually, there are updates to the first post, and unless the original author changes the title, it may not be obvious that changes had been made.

You're right. If that's an existing addition to forum software it would be a great thing to have, either listed in "view new posts" or from it's nearby own link. You might PM Dave about it to make sure he sees it. He's busy now but I think he has at least one other request and when he does get time to do the first one he may have time to look into yours too.

Good idea. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)