Wanted HP-35 battery cover
08-28-2014, 10:21 PM
Wanted HP-35 battery cover
One of the clasps on my 35 battery cover is on its last legs. I would love to get a replacement battery cover. Anybody out there have one?

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: Wanted HP-35 battery cover
(08-28-2014 10:21 PM)John Cadick Wrote:  One of the clasps on my 35 battery cover is on its last legs. I would love to get a replacement battery cover. Anybody out there have one?

John

I don't know where to find it, maybe on TAS, but if I find out on the old forum, there are pictures of a simple fixing of that issue, otherwise I'll post new pics
I did it for a 67, but I think it will work on the 35 as well, despite the different position of the legs (π/2 shifted each side)
of course the best is to replace the cover, but if you dont mind so much the shape (anyway it' all inside), that kind of repair seems to be quite functional
08-29-2014, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2014 05:34 PM by aurelio.)
(08-29-2014 04:41 PM)aurelio Wrote:  
(08-28-2014 10:21 PM)John Cadick Wrote:  One of the clasps on my 35 battery cover is on its last legs. I would love to get a replacement battery cover. Anybody out there have one?

John

I don't know where to find it, maybe on TAS, but if I find out on the old forum, there are pictures of a simple fixing of that issue, otherwise I'll post new pics
I did it for a 67, but I think it will work on the 35 as well, despite the different position of the legs (π/2 shifted each side)
of course the best is to replace the cover, but if you dont mind so much the shape (anyway it' all inside), that kind of repair seems to be quite functional

This is the post, but my pictures missing 'll replace them asap
08-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks for your response Aurelio. My problem is the the top of the slider is gone and the main body is broken close to the calculator end of the slider. I don't think that it is fixable. Maybe a little super glue, but I'd probably end up gluing the cover to the calculator. <G>

I found one at International Calculator. A bit pricey, but nothing is too good for my 35. <G>

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)