Connectivity Kit not getting any content
12-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Connectivity Kit not getting any content
When I connect the calculator to the PC, I open the Connectivity Kit and I can see the Prime Calculator on the left column. However, I cannot see any calculator content on the right side. Every field is empty.
For instance, if, in the calculator, I have an equation on Advanced Graphing, field V1, I cannot see this expression on the Connectivity Kit side. Every field, V1, V2,etc are empty on the PC side.
FYI, I have left the calculator connected for a while, time enough to pass every bit of data from calculator to CK.

I have tried even to reset the calc without success. Actually I think I am unsuccessful to reset the calculator at all. When reset I can see a display that says "x2+y2=1" in large font, and then the calculator starts with all content intact!:-(

My version is:
Software version 2013 8 13 (5106)
CAS version 1.1.0
Native OS Version V0.025.5106
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2013, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 05:42 PM by Michael de Estrada.)
RE: Connectivity Kit not getting any content
Do this from the top Calculators tab, not the Content tab. Open the tree on your calculator, and double-click on the item you want to view.
12-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I did this already!.
12-22-2013, 05:48 PM
It looks like you don't have the latest version of the Prime firmware. Also, what is the CK software version ?
12-22-2013, 05:48 PM
(12-22-2013 03:10 PM)inakiz Wrote:  When I connect the calculator to the PC, I open the Connectivity Kit and I can see the Prime Calculator on the left column. However, I cannot see any calculator content on the right side. Every field is empty.
For instance, if, in the calculator, I have an equation on Advanced Graphing, field V1, I cannot see this expression on the Connectivity Kit side. Every field, V1, V2,etc are empty on the PC side.
FYI, I have left the calculator connected for a while, time enough to pass every bit of data from calculator to CK.

I have tried even to reset the calc without success. Actually I think I am unsuccessful to reset the calculator at all. When reset I can see a display that says "x2+y2=1" in large font, and then the calculator starts with all content intact!:-(

My version is:
Software version 2013 8 13 (5106)
CAS version 1.1.0
Native OS Version V0.025.5106

Resetting a calculator has many meanings. Can you explain in full detail the key sequence you used to reset the calculator? Likewise with how you use the connectivity kit.

As you already noted, the calculator appears on the left of the conn. kit window when plugged in. If you then click on the [+] symbol next to the calculator's name in the conn. kit then you will see the "filesystem" of the calculator, so to speak. Are you saying that after clicking on, say, Advanced Graphing you are not able to see the contents of V1 even though there exists an expression for V1 on the calculator?

What happens if you update the software for the conn. kit and the firmware first? Does it still happen? (I noticed you are still running the previous firmware).

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Normally for me, when I had 100 KB worth of programs on my calculator, it took about 50 minutes for everything to show up in the connectivity kit. Now that I have 500 KB and more, I don't even bother anymore using the connectivity kit with my calc. I prefer to send files using the emulator instead (now that it has been fixed)

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2013, 06:31 PM
For starters, is there anything I can do to verify the USB connection is working at a minimum ?
12-22-2013, 06:55 PM
I suppose you could try using a USB memory stick to see if your port is properly working. On the calculator, if the screen shows the charging icon then it at least is getting some current from the port.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-22-2013, 08:18 PM
You can test with: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-36.html Big Grin

My website: erwin.ried.cl
12-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks. I have tried this utility but cannot find a way to test communications. I just can see it detects the calculator, but how can I perform a file transfer test or something to verify communications is actually working?
12-22-2013, 09:28 PM
press send or receive

12-22-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2013 09:43 PM by inakiz.)
For instance, which is a suitable built-in application to send from calculator to the PC utility?. I cannot find any with the 'Send' option. IN the utility when I press 'Send' button it asks for select 'Send' on the calculator side. But I cannot find an application on the calculator side with "Send" option.
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
(12-22-2013 09:41 PM)inakiz Wrote:  For instance, which is a suitable built-in application to send from calculator to the PC utility?. I cannot find any with the 'Send' option. IN the utility when I press 'Send' button it asks for select 'Send' on the calculator side. But I cannot find an application on the calculator side with "Send" option.

If the calculator is detected, a NON GRAY icon appears, different to this:

[Image: Image%202013-12-22%20at%206.49.18%20PM.png]

Then, you go to PROGRAM in the calculator (shift, number 1), NEW and type something like

Code:
// test

Press ESC in the calculator, press RECEIVE in the app in the PC, tap SEND in the calculator (appears in the bottom lower menu, right side). You can save it as txt.

But, if you are connecting already to the calculator, there is no driver problem. It is another thing. After that, if you can send/receive, then it might be something with the Conn kit.

12-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks! it works!
I have been able to transfer the program.
So definitely it is something to do with Connectivity Kit.

By the way, where does this cool PrimeComm utility come from ?!
12-22-2013, 10:54 PM
From here: http://ried.cl/en/franqueando-los-secret...a-inversa/ Tongue

I had some issues with connkit, the ellipsis never disappeared (loading indicator) and sometimes it just reboot my calculator and I have to reset it with ON+C+F+O / FS Utils / Format c:, not really sure why. Maybe is what Kevin says, due the program sizes you have in the moment.

12-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:For starters, is there anything I can do to verify the USB connection is working at a minimum ?
Simply launch test_hpcalcs.exe from http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-52.html (first, and portable, toolkit for communicating with the Prime). It exits if it cannot find the calculator.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)