How to tell Rev. A
08-24-2014, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2014 04:02 AM by zjinqui1k.)
How to tell Rev. A
I've spent the last few hours searching the web and this forum, and I'm sorry if I've missed it, but if it's somewhere, it's burried. Maybe I'm just late to the party. How can I tell if my HP Prime is a Rev. A or Rev. B?

I go to the Help screen, hit "tree" then "About HP Prime," Whereafter, the following is displayed on my screen:

HP Prime

Software Version 2013 8 13 (5106)
CAS version 1.1.0
Native OS Version V0.025.5106
Serial Number 4CY3610GYS

(c) 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L. P.

[end screen]

Nothing there indicates either NW280AA or G8X92AA.

I only ask because I was trying to update the firmware without success. (This is just sort of standard operating procedure for me with new electronics.) But the thing is that the CK never comes up with anything. It seaches for host for a split second and then just sits there and say's connected.... and will just stay that way for hours.

So, I figure either A) my calculator is the old one that cannot recieve the updates, or B) there is a problem with my CK installation.

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but point me in the right direction if you could.

Otherwise, I am enjoying the upgrade from my 50g.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: How to tell Rev. A
You have an old version of the firmware which does not display hardware version, but be assured that you do have version A. Once you update the firmware, you will see the hardware version displayed in the About HP Prime window, which will look something like this:

Software Version: 2014 3 31 (6030)
Hardware Version: A
CAS Version: 1.1.0-46
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Help Edition: 2014 03

And no, you will not see the product number displayed.
08-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Okay, thanks.

I guess from this point, I need to figure out why my CK isn't downloading updates. It must be a hardware thing on my side, as I can't seem to find anyone else having this issue, and I've installed both the version of ck that came with the calculator and the most current, and same affect--it just sits there after the box says connected, then does nothing.

I'll see if I can track down someone else's PC to borrow. My other PC is a linux box...
To be clear, my calculator will support a newer firmware, but not the 6030, yes?
08-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Your hardware should be able to update to firmware version 6030 or newer.
08-24-2014, 07:11 PM
If it is not connecting to the FTP site when checking for updates, chances are you have a firewall or something blocking the direct connection.

Code:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20140702.zip
is the direct link to the file it is trying to grab. Unzip that in your ".\Docuements\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware" directory and then right click your unit in the tree to run the update.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-25-2014, 01:03 AM
TW: Thanks, that worked like a charm. Really quick, too. I'm up to the latest firmware.

I'll be checking in from time to time. I'm taking a class in Java and one in Matlab, so I'm going to try to mirror what i'm doing in those on my HP to learn it's language at the same time. If I learn anything cool... well, everyone here will probably know, but if it doesn't seem that way, I'll say something.
08-25-2014, 01:38 AM
(08-25-2014 01:03 AM)zjinqui1k Wrote:  TW: Thanks, that worked like a charm. Really quick, too. I'm up to the latest firmware.

I'll be checking in from time to time. I'm taking a class in Java and one in Matlab, so I'm going to try to mirror what i'm doing in those on my HP to learn it's language at the same time. If I learn anything cool... well, everyone here will probably know, but if it doesn't seem that way, I'll say something.

You will be impressed how powerful the HP Prime is, especially since it is able to perform Matrix and Vector operations!

Namir

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)