Thank you Dave - and Stickies?
12-11-2013, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 04:05 PM by CR Haeger.)
Thank you Dave - and Stickies?
Dave,

Thank you for this upgraded forum. I think it will serve everyone very well - especially with different thread buckets. I look forward to learning more from the expert contributors here and perhaps Ill have something useful to contribute as well.

Stickies - Also, will the moderators plan to add any sticky topics to the tops of certain threads? I ask as this may be useful for users to find commonly sought info (FAQs, users guides etc.) Certainly this would be helpful for HP Prime thread(s).

Best,
Carl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 05:48 AM
RE: Thank you Dave
I second that. I'm a mostly-lurker-sometimes-poster who is really excited about this new format.
12-14-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Thank you Dave - and Stickies?
Quote:Stickies - Also, will the moderators plan to add any sticky topics to the tops of certain threads? I ask as this may be useful for users to find commonly sought info (FAQs, users guides etc.) Certainly this would be helpful for HP Prime thread(s).

While I'm not a Prime user I can see that this would be very helpful to promote certain threads to sticky status if there's general agreement that they should be. I'm pretty sure that they need to be re-posted under a moderator's name, however. I think that we'd want to keep the number of stickies per sub-forum to no more than a handful.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Thank you Katie,

I was thinking of at least one sticky for HP Prime that could house current users guides, "peer reviewed" learning modules and/or FAQs.

I think this would be a great starting point for new HP Prime users or those considering buying one.

I don't see this yet on the HP site.

Best,
Carl
12-15-2013, 05:24 PM
If you can point me to something along any/all of those lines I'd be happy post it as a sticky. But first some Prime expert needs to review it for correctness as I don't know a thing about the Prime and don't want to have to tweak it too often.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Would it be possible to implement some "promotion to sticky" button (like the "Like" feature in Facebook). After the number of promotions exceeds a threshold, it gets sent to a moderator for sticky (or it happens auto-magically :-)

Also, it would be nice for users to be able to flag a post as inappropriate (due to content or incorrect forum location) or to be moved to a more appropriate place?

In sum, a way for users to interact with the moderators short of having to send them a PM would be very nice.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
01-14-2014, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 11:42 PM by d b.)
(01-14-2014 05:59 PM)Han Wrote:  Also, it would be nice for users to be able to flag a post as inappropriate (due to content or incorrect forum location) or to be moved to a more appropriate place?

In sum, a way for users to interact with the moderators short of having to send them a PM would be very nice.

Han;

The moderators check in pretty often. If you click on the "Report" button; any offending post will be taken off pretty quickly. Personally; I'd think longer about moving someone's post because he or she might have a reason to put it where it is, but the software will leave a redirect for a variable period so people following it can re-find it.

PMs are fine, and at least equal if you want one of your own threads to be moved to a different forum. The moderators see them on the same screen as the reported posts. We answer them too.

BTW: When one hits the "Report" button, it reminds us that "You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse" and asks for "Your reason for reporting this post:" which might be just the word "spam" or a couple of hundred characters that scroll through the small entry window. Then you have to hit the "Reply" button, so accidentally fat-fingering the search or quote buttons don't set off the fire alarms.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)