Ans
05-04-2023, 06:06 AM
Ans
Hi guys, Prime is new for me, but I think we have a bug or a weird Ans/ stack implementation (please, forgive me if this is stupid, I couldn’t find anything about it) … so, try the follow sequence in CAS mode:
[1]
[Enter]
[2]
[Enter]
[Del]
[Del]
[+]
[1]
[Enter]
And I would expect 2 as result, not 3. If this is not an issue, it is weird, different from other calcs, and inconsistent with other operations like the Simplify (Shortcut). Please let me know your thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2023, 01:06 PM
RE: Ans
Hi,
in ANS the last computed result is stored, here, as you (for what reason ever) used 2 [Enter], the 2 was the last computed result, CAS ist not RPN.
Arno
05-04-2023, 05:06 PM
(05-04-2023 06:06 AM)Eduardo Silveira Wrote:  Hi guys, Prime is new for me, but I think we have a bug or a weird Ans/ stack implementation (please, forgive me if this is stupid, I couldn’t find anything about it) …

Press the Ans key, then, before pressing Enter, press the Help key. It's all there. Very important to note the differences between the way Ans behaves in Home and in CAS.

In general, the built-in Help system is very robust and well worth checking while using Prime.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2023, 12:56 AM
Thank you for answers, I didn’t really think about the help. But it’s a good point, the help is very good. That being said, the implementation chosen bu HP seem very strange to me, different from other calculators, and when I showed it to several users, they were all surprised by the result. It is important to keep in mind that when the user presses [+,-,*,/] they are trying to operate with the first level of the history and not with a value that has already been deleted. Also, when pressing [simplify], then it uses the history… well, mu two cents! Thanks again

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)