Request for archive file replacement
08-17-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 05:51 PM by Joe Horn.)
Request for archive file replacement
To Whom It May Concern:

A week ago I discovered a corruption in the MoHPC ftp archived copy of the INDXUK swap disk at this address: ftp://ftp.hpmuseum.org/hpswap/indxuk.gz

A complete analysis of the corruption, and what the lost data should be, was posted here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1958.html

A completely repaired version of the INDXUK swap disk is available here: http://holyjoe.net/hp/indxuk.gz

The repaired file is identical to the original in every respect except for the repair of the 32 lost bytes (which had prevented a 77KB file from being read!).

I just checked, and the archived file is still the corrupted one.

REQUEST: Please replace the corrupted file with the repaired one. Thanks in advance.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Request for archive file replacement
Bump.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
08-31-2014, 12:22 AM
(08-30-2014 05:53 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Bump.

Only Dave can fix this.

-katie

08-31-2014, 12:47 AM
(08-31-2014 12:22 AM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  
(08-30-2014 05:53 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Bump.

Only Dave can fix this.
Joe;
And he's really busy right now. You've probably noticed that he hasn't posted much lately.
He's only axed one spammer in the last month. Fortunately, there's fewer all the time.
It's the same for code monkeys as it is for construction workers: feast or famine.
You did the hard part and it's appreciated. I'd bet he gets to this as soon as he catches his breath.
Find all posts by this user
08-31-2014, 01:30 AM
Thanks, Katie & Den! I'm happy to know that it didn't just fall between the cracks. There's certainly no rush... the newest file on that swap disk is dated 1989. Smile

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)