Biorhythm using "Function" app
04-14-2023, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2023 03:01 AM by Peter Heberer.)
Biorhythm using "Function" app
Hi there,

I got myself an HP Prime G2 only a few weeks ago.

I remembered the first program I would try to implement on any programmable calculator I could get my hands on, back in the day - the good old "Biorhythm" calculation.

After playing around with the calculator a bit I managed to use the "Function" app to do the plotting job for me.

So here it is (see attachment).
.hpprgm  bio.hpprgm (Size: 2.31 KB / Downloads: 12) (typo fixed)

EDIT: >> The code is actually a .TXT file, i forgot to rename it as i was using Notepad++ with the language definition for hpprgm files.
So simply open with a text editor copy and paste the code into the code editor of the HP Connectivity kit. << EDIT

Feel free to modify and/or improve. Send me a copy if you did so.
Enjoy!

Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2023, 12:32 AM
RE: Biorhythm using "Function" app
On a slightly related note, a scanned article from a museum post by Bob Prosperi:

The June 1977 edition of Popular Electronics included an article "How to program calculators for fun and games" and includes 6 games for the HP-25, including Football, Spaceflight, Blackjack, Test your ESP, Battle Dive Bomber and Biorhythm forecast.

Here is a color scan of the complete article with listings, plus a few interesting ads for calculators in that same issue:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiI5Ei2M2Ja2mHMsEXfTUEZOz3Tk

The Biorhythm program section describes the theory of Biorhythms and also how to extend the date range of the calculation.

I suddenly feel the need to look for my puka shell necklace and mood ring...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2023, 02:42 AM
Haha, when I remembered that i was even tempted to buy myself this vintage Casio "Biolator" on eBay, but I realized it works only to a certain date which back then was thought of so far into the future we would never bother reaching it ...

Gosh.

I'm OLD.

:-(
04-15-2023, 03:02 AM
Please note my edition my original post, rename extension to ".txt" !
05-03-2023, 02:31 AM
Hi again,

new version 1.3.1 with minor addition - explicitly switch to "degrees" mode.

Changed file extension to ".hpppl.txt" to avoid confusion with programs in Prime's own format. File is a TEXT file, copy+paste into program editor.

Enjoy.

Attached File(s)
.txt  bio.hpppl.txt (Size: 2.36 KB / Downloads: 21)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)