[SOLVED] HAngle doesn't work in latest (14603) firmware?
03-24-2023, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2023 07:48 PM by chromos.)
[SOLVED] HAngle doesn't work in latest (14603) firmware?
I'm sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but although I've tried, I haven't found any mention of it anywhere.

So the question is:
Is the HAngle value no longer associated with the angle setting?

Prime, 15C CE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2023, 10:23 AM
RE: HAngle doesn't work in latest (14603) firmware?
Ok, I'll try to be more detailed:

With HAngle, you can set whether the angle will be in radians or in degrees or grads. HAngle can also be used to test what type of angle the HP Prime is set to. Unfortunately, neither of these work on my HP Prime G2 2.1.14603 (2021 12 02).

For example, if I assign a value 1 to HAngle, HP Prime should switch to degrees. And when I assign 0 to HAngle, HP Prime should switch to radians. But, this does not work on my HP Prime.

And conversely, if I change 'Angle Measure' to Degrees then HAngle should be 1. And when I change 'Angle Measure' to Radians then HAngle should be 0. But, this does not work on my HP Prime.

In phone app 2.1.14591 (2021 05 14) everything works as expected.

So, does this work for all HP Prime owners with the latest firmware and is it just my calculator that is at fault? Or is it a bug affecting everyone?

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Prime, 15C CE
03-26-2023, 10:58 AM
(03-26-2023 10:23 AM)chromos Wrote:  Ok, I'll try to be more detailed:

With HAngle, you can set whether the angle will be in radians or in degrees or grads. HAngle can also be used to test what type of angle the HP Prime is set to. Unfortunately, neither of these work on my HP Prime G2 2.1.14603 (2021 12 02).

For example, if I assign a value 1 to HAngle, HP Prime should switch to degrees. And when I assign 0 to HAngle, HP Prime should switch to radians. But, this does not work on my HP Prime.

And conversely, if I change 'Angle Measure' to Degrees then HAngle should be 1. And when I change 'Angle Measure' to Radians then HAngle should be 0. But, this does not work on my HP Prime.

In phone app 2.1.14591 (2021 05 14) everything works as expected.

So, does this work for all HP Prime owners with the latest firmware and is it just my calculator that is at fault? Or is it a bug affecting everyone?

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

HAngle always returns 0 for me on a G2 Prime with the latest beta firmware.

Tom L
Cui bono?
03-26-2023, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2023 12:09 PM by Joe Horn.)
HAngle only returns the GLOBAL angle setting, not the current APP's angle setting, which overrides the global setting. Either press Shift Symb (Setup) to see your current app's angle setting, or evaluate the AAngle system variable. When AAngle is set to anything other than 0 ("System"), then HAngle will return a value which might not correspond to the current angle setting which is now controlled by AAngle.

This is usually noticed by people for the first time when they try the Triangle Solver app, whose AAngle is Degrees by default. As long as that app is the current app, and until the user presses Shift Symb and changes the app's angle mode to System, the value of HAngle will not change when the Shift Settings angle mode is changed.

Bottom line: ALWAYS make sure that the Shift Symb angle mode is set to "System". Then (and only then) will the HAngle value be reliable.

Mini-challenge: What math expression, using both HAngle and AAngle, will always return the correct current angle setting?

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-26-2023, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-2023 01:29 PM by chromos.)
Thanks to you both, especially Joe Horn for the clarification. And yes, I had 'Angle Measure' set to 'Radians' in 'Function app' (although I don't know why). That explains it and now everything works as expected.

Prime, 15C CE
03-26-2023, 02:01 PM
And as for the 'mini-challenge', here is one solution, although I don't know if it meets the 'math expression' requirement:

Code:
IFTE(AAngle==0,HAngle, AAngle-1);

Prime, 15C CE

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)