need Plus42's manual
03-10-2023, 09:42 AM
RE: need Plus42's manual
(03-10-2023 03:45 AM)slabco Wrote:  
(03-05-2023 09:26 AM)JanS Wrote:  Hi Slabco,

what is it that you need exactly ? Android seems to be what you are looking for, if I'm not mistaken - however I'm unsure if you are looking for Free42 or Plus42 by looking at the whole thread above. Plus42 is a paid app and no sideloading APK is available, so the Playstore will be your only option in that case. If you are looking for the latest Free42 sideloading APK I'm willing to help. In that case, please indicate a place you will be able to access and we might work something out. As far as I understand, by now, you have the manual.
Thank you for your kindness! I am finding a good calculator for my work. I found the free42 is very good. It has large memory for use. But it cann't do some bit operations to integers. It doesn't have bit setting, bit clear, bit testing functions. These functions are very useful for me. I heard that Plus42 adds some hp-16c's functions. hp16c has many bit operation functions. So I was seraching the manual to see what exactly those functions are. It seems Plus42 doesn't have those functions still. Since free42 can set clear and test the flags why don't allow it to do the same to integer? It's the same thing I think. It is very easy to add thoes functions to Plus42 I think.
I hope if someone can persuade Thomas Okken to include those bit operation functions in Plus42. Then I 'll try to purchase one. That is the best I want.
I think those functions might make Plus42 become a great thing.If Thomas doesn't want to do that. I want to use wp34s to do some my work which nees bit operations. Someone helped me to get wp34s's manual.
Now I have Free42's 3.0.14 version apk. It's good for use. 3.0.17 version might have some bugs fixed. There is a place I am able to access. It's Eric's site hpcalc.org. Hope someone can sent it to Eric.
Hi slabco, plus42desktop is open source and can be found here https://github.com/thomasokken/plus42desktop
If you can add the functionality you want I think it would be easy for Thomas to migrate it to the mobile version and that would probably solve the time availability issue Thomas may have and at the same time you will get the functionality you want.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2023, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2023 03:17 AM by slabco.)
RE: need Plus42's manual
(03-10-2023 09:42 AM)nickapos Wrote:  
(03-10-2023 03:45 AM)slabco Wrote:  Thank you for your kindness! I am finding a good calculator for my work. I found the free42 is very good. It has large memory for use. But it cann't do some bit operations to integers. It doesn't have bit setting, bit clear, bit testing functions. These functions are very useful for me. I heard that Plus42 adds some hp-16c's functions. hp16c has many bit operation functions. So I was seraching the manual to see what exactly those functions are. It seems Plus42 doesn't have those functions still. Since free42 can set clear and test the flags why don't allow it to do the same to integer? It's the same thing I think. It is very easy to add thoes functions to Plus42 I think.
I hope if someone can persuade Thomas Okken to include those bit operation functions in Plus42. Then I 'll try to purchase one. That is the best I want.
I think those functions might make Plus42 become a great thing.If Thomas doesn't want to do that. I want to use wp34s to do some my work which nees bit operations. Someone helped me to get wp34s's manual.
Now I have Free42's 3.0.14 version apk. It's good for use. 3.0.17 version might have some bugs fixed. There is a place I am able to access. It's Eric's site hpcalc.org. Hope someone can sent it to Eric.
Hi slabco, plus42desktop is open source and can be found here https://github.com/thomasokken/plus42desktop
If you can add the functionality you want I think it would be easy for Thomas to migrate it to the mobile version and that would probably solve the time availability issue Thomas may have and at the same time you will get the functionality you want.
Good suggestion! One wants some functions in an app. So he modifys the souce code and ask the author to make a new version with those new codes he has written. It's very very cool. But I am really not that kind of person. May some members of this forum can do things in this way. So after he reads this post he decided to help me and done the work as you said. And Thomas renews the Plus42 with new functions. So I can get what I want. That in anyway seems not could come true. Even in my dream those things cound not happen. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)