flashing WP34S
08-10-2014, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2014 04:38 PM by aurelio.)
flashing WP34S
I have a problem in flashing the calculator for firmware upgrade.
I would like to upgrade my WP34s to the last version, but I cannot...
Don't laugh if I tell you that I've not found one of the needed key , the "S" key.
Is it the "alpha" 6 key?
EDIT:
It's ok now, the key is the right one, just the COM port was wrong on mySamba settings, so that the claculator, not workin' the connection did not display any "samba boot" message.
By the way the update is done, thank-you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: flashing WP34S
Yes it is. I admit D is easier Wink

d:-)

If this post appears delayed it's only partially my fault. Sorry.
08-10-2014, 07:36 PM
The idea behind ON+S+S is that this just changes the boot bit and leaves the flash itself intact. This makes it possible to have a working RAM copy in flash (ON+STO) and have it automatically restored after an OS upgrade. You can even change your mind and set the boot bit to "boot from flash" without actually flashing anything. This can be done with the original SAM-BA software but should work with an empty (zero length) binary image and MySamba, too (the latter has to be verified).

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
08-11-2014, 05:59 AM
(08-10-2014 03:43 PM)walter b Wrote:  If this post appears delayed it's only partially my fault. Sorry.
No Walter; the delay in posting is all your fault. We are all welcome guests here. We all need to remember that and talk civilly to and about the other folks here. All of them and each time.
08-11-2014, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 12:18 PM by aurelio.)
(08-11-2014 05:59 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 03:43 PM)walter b Wrote:  If this post appears delayed it's only partially my fault. Sorry.
No Walter; the delay in posting is all your fault. We are all welcome guests here. We all need to remember that and talk civilly to and about the other folks here. All of them and each time.

Hi Den excuse me if I come altough, not invited, into this kind of discussion, far from the idea to add "wood and gasoline" on the fire.
Just I would like to say that if complains and restrictions to Walter become from that post about HP01, personally I dont think he never would like to insult or offend people here in our discussion board. I think that maybe it has been a sort of misunderstanding....he used, you all can see, smiling emoticons in the replies.

He sure does not need any lawyer 'cause we read him so much in this and that (OLD one) forum to know him as a serious, correct and kind people, let me say a milestone of our community.

Excuse me again all about, hope to have not offended anybody me too, but this situation seems to me surrealistic and I think needs to be solved

EDIT: let me know please if I missed something in my considerations
08-11-2014, 12:14 PM
(08-10-2014 07:36 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  The idea behind ON+S+S is that this just changes the boot bit and leaves the flash itself intact. This makes it possible to have a working RAM copy in flash (ON+STO) and have it automatically restored after an OS upgrade. You can even change your mind and set the boot bit to "boot from flash" without actually flashing anything. This can be done with the original SAM-BA software but should work with an empty (zero length) binary image and MySamba, too (the latter has to be verified).

Thank-you Marcus for the clarification, I read your other posts also on the old forum but not these things.
08-12-2014, 01:43 AM
(08-11-2014 12:05 PM)aurelio Wrote:  let me know please if I missed something in my considerations

aurelio; If you want to discuss this; you are welcome to send me an email or private message through this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)