DM41X memory
02-06-2023, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 06:32 AM by opus111.)
DM41X memory
Hi all! I've read through the user manuals but I'm still not clear how I can make use of the huge memory size of the DM41X. By default it has the same 219 registers for programming, and I've used up 70% of that.. Can I save my programs as "external modules"? I've got a few programs that are in their final versions and wouldn't need any more editing. Would be good if I can move them elsewhere to free up the memory registers.

Hope this makes sense.. I'm still quite new to 41C/DM41
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2023, 12:46 PM
RE: DM41X memory
You've got a few options:

- Save programs to extended memory (like on a real 41X or 41C/CV with X-Func)
- Save programs to a simulated HEPAX RAM module
- Save multiple state files and switch between them as required
- Save programs as RAW files to the internal FAT disk (can't run them from here directly, but you can load them back into RAM later if you need them, sort of like with the card reader)

For things you run regularly, the first two options are better, as it keeps the programs "online" and ready to XEQ whenever. For less frequently used programs and long-term backups, the second two options give you more storage space, at the expense of convenience of running the programs.

If you want to get REALLY fancy, you can also take your HEPAX RAM backup images and convert them to ROM images somehow. Can't say I've attempted that myself though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2023, 01:22 PM
(02-06-2023 12:46 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  If you want to get REALLY fancy, you can also take your HEPAX RAM backup images and convert them to ROM images somehow. Can't say I've attempted that myself though.
I did it here! Big Grin
02-08-2023, 03:04 PM
Very helpful! Thanks.

Wish it had the memory of the DM42… quite a pain having to manage this

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)