HP50G Attached directory/file
01-05-2023, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2023 03:12 PM by rprosperi.)
HP50G Attached directory/file
How do I attach a HP50G Directory or HP50G Program in a post, supposing its original name on the calculator or EMU48 is PRG?
Up to now, I always have added the ending .DOC to my HP49-50G saving, in order to be able to transfer the original HP program / Directory and include it in my message, which is some قطع confusing as it's not at all a Word document.

Thanks for your help.

Gil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2023, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2023 04:26 PM by DavidM.)
RE: HP50G Attached directory/file
(01-05-2023 01:14 PM)Gil Wrote:  How do I attach a HP50G Directory or HP50G Program in a post, supposing its original name on the calculator or EMU48 is PRG?

".hp" is allowed as the extension for an attached file on the forum. If you can rename your attached file with ".hp" instead of ".doc" then it will probably be less confusing.

Debug4x defaults to saving 48/49/50 binary files with that extension, so there is a precedent for using that particular naming convention. Conn4x also recognizes ".hp" as being a binary file when using it for transferring files to a supported calculator. Conn4x also does you the favor of dropping the extension on the calculator side, which is probably what you would want in most situations. So a file named "PRG.hp" on the computer side would be saved as "PRG" on the calculator.
01-11-2023, 04:33 PM
RE: HP50G Attached directory/file
Thanks.
I will adapt accordingly my files in the future.

Regards,
Gil

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)