ramcard with batteries vs ramcard without batteries for hp 48gx
12-23-2022, 06:09 PM
ramcard with batteries vs ramcard without batteries for hp 48gx
hello good afternoon with the forum I would like to know what advantages or disadvantages has the ramcard that does not have batteries vs one that does have batteries
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2022, 07:12 PM
RE: ramcard with batteries vs ramcard without batteries for hp 48gx
The RAM cards with an internal (rechargeable) battery are much harder to service compared to the ones with a replaceable CR2016 Cell.

I imagine after 30+ years, many of the internal batteries have corroded or failed.

17bii | 32s | 32sii | 41c | 41cv | 41cx | 42s | 48g | 48g+ | 48gx | 50g | 30b

12-23-2022, 07:12 PM
(12-23-2022 06:09 PM)hpmin48gx Wrote:  hello good afternoon with the forum I would like to know what advantages or disadvantages has the ramcard that does not have batteries vs one that does have batteries

There is exactly one advantage; you can move the card with contents intact to a new 48.

And it's useful here to remind folks that in a 48 RAM card, you must turn the 48 ON and keep it ON while changing the battery; when the calc is off the cards do not get power.

There are also FRAM cards available that require no batteries, and are very nice, but much more expensive.

--Bob Prosperi
12-29-2022, 04:11 PM
I’m curious about the issue with moving contents to a new calculator. Is there an issue with that normally?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)