HHC 2022 USB drives now available
12-17-2022, 05:58 AM
HHC 2022 USB drives now available
The HHC 2022 USB drives are now available for sale. Technically they've been available for about a month, but I didn't want to post anything here until I had sufficient quantity of drives on hand to be able to fulfill orders in a reasonable period of time. Already 78 of these drives are in the hands of enthusiasts, including 31 given out at HHC 2022 and another 16 sold at HPCC 2022 and Allschwil 2022.

This drive is the official record of the HHC 2022 conference, and not only does it have presentation files and videos of all the presentations given at HHC 2022, but it also has them for the presentations at HPCC 2022 and Allschwil 2022 as well. It also has videos of conferences going back to 2018, as well as all presentation materials going back to 2013 and many of them going back to 2006.

The drive has a total of more than 800,000 files taking up over 215 GB of space, with all the HP calculator-related materials I have been able to find. This includes a full mirror of my hpcalc.org web site, as well as the nearly 1500 manuals from my literature.hpcalc.org web site, and mirrors of many other large HP calculator-related web sites. There are also emulators, ROMs, fonts, photographs, discussion forum archives, publications, and more. Jake Schwartz's PPC Archive from April 2022 is also on there, though if you want the latest version (November 2022 as of this writing), you would have to purchase that separately from him.

The 256 GB Samsung USB 3.1 drive costs $65 plus postage, and $20 of that is a donation to help support future HHC conferences. You can see more details and purchase it at my commerce site.

You may also watch the presentation I gave about this drive at HPCC 2022, beginning at the 20:15 mark of this video.

[Image: yzGA0ac.png]

[Image: 7y63pij.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: HHC 2022 USB drives now available
The Properties of my HHC 2022 flash drive only show 170 GB used. Looks like I'm missing 30 GB. Is there an update I can download?
Find all posts by this user
12-17-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: HHC 2022 USB drives now available
(12-17-2022 01:41 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  The Properties of my HHC 2022 flash drive only show 170 GB used. Looks like I'm missing 30 GB. Is there an update I can download?

Hi Dave,

It's an evolving drive, and more content is regularly being added. You purchased it right after HHC 2022, but before the European conferences, which means it is missing the HPCC 2022 and Allschwil 2022 conference materials. Those added 2.5 GB of information. The Allschwil materials are mostly available for download on the HP-Collection web site, though the HPCC materials are mostly not available for download but can usually be obtained by emailing the presenters. The bulk of it was just variations on presentations given at HHC 2022, though (plus all of Chuck's presentations from HPCC and Allschwil were already duplicated in the HHC 2022 proceedings even if not presented there).

The 4K videos of HPCC 2022 and Allschwil 2022 added another 16.3 GB of data. You can download those from my YouTube channel. I also added the videos from the HP-Collection YouTube channel from Allschwil 2016 and Allschwil 2018, which added another 2.3 GB, and you could download those from there.

Additionally, since then I have scanned another 1.7 GB of manuals since then, which you can get from my literature site.

That only adds up to about 23 GB so I guess something else must account for the remaining 7 GB but I'm not sure what it would be, since I already listed everything of consequence.

I periodically update the drive throughout the year as new materials become available. In part this is to serve as a globally-distributed backup of my HP materials so I don't want to hold back! Last year I stopped updating the HHC 2021 drive around March, when the 128 GB drive finally filled up. This year I will probably continue to update it past that point because I don't anticipate it filling up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)